Brand New Boxed OS 12S Reed Set

My favourite
Mike_K

Brand New Boxed OS 12S Reed Set

Post by Mike_K »

I've been lucky to recently acquire (well a month ago) a brand new boxed OS 12s reed set complete with 4x S-202 servo's, 3x S-202T (trim servo's for throttle, elevator and spare) and an S-802 "multi-servo". It even came in the outer packaging box with the Tx and Rx inside. It's all unused, with no witness marks on any servo and two of the servo's haven't even had their connectors soldered on and the sealed plastic bag they in has the connector and some sleeving in a separate compartment. And all the instructions and drawings are included and in both English and Japanese.

Sorry Phil, this one is not for converting! But I will get around to testing it all out soon and compare it to another working OS 12S that I have, albeit it has Bonner Transmite servo's.
OS_01.jpg
OS_02.jpg
OS_03.jpg
OS_04.jpg
OS_05.jpg
OS_06.jpg
Wayne_H

Re: Brand New Boxed OS 12S Reed Set

Post by Wayne_H »

Wow :shock: What a find - rocking horse dung & hens teeth really do exist!! :o :lol:
Way to go Mike!!!
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Mike_K wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 17:45Sorry Phil, this one is not for converting!
Neither would I Mike, its far too nice. Its astonishing whats still out there & turns up out of the blue from time to time. I once had an OS 6ch reed set, I dont know what happened to it... :lol:
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Phil_G wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 19:31 I once had an OS 6ch reed set, I dont know what happened to it... :lol:
I had two, but I gave one to you! You should be more cerfull who you lend it to! Joking aside, I'm certain it will turn up in some magazine article one day. Which reminds me I promised said person some bits around 6 weeks ago and they're still sitting on my desk, so I can't talk.
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

We have chatted about this time warp, but the photos far exceed what I was expecting!
How about a close up of that lovely blue anodising and switch collection.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

The OS 6 is currently being stored in the "to do" pile .....appreciating in value daily. 😄

Mike, I have been after one of the multi servo bricks for years :mrgreen:
Scoobydoo

Post by Scoobydoo »

That has to be a find of the century. Fantastic!! I have been looking for a 802 brick and 202 servos for years and never found any. Where did you find that??
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi Scoob....

I used to work for Loctite and was visiting an engineering company. Somehow got chatting about model aircraft with the MD and he said he had an old set in the loft and would I like it as he was going to chuck it out. I expected it to be an early home built single channel set. As you can guess I was pretty surprised but 35 years ago nobody wanted old reed gear.
Likewise I've been looking for the blue anodise cased propo brick but they are hard to come by.

Shaun.