F&M Reed systems

My favourite
lov1

Re: F&M Reed systems

Post by lov1 »

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, and already amazed by information available and shared here, this is the place to be.

I Have a F&M Matador Tx with a Midas Rx and Boner Servos, I am trying to make it work but found some of the frequencies overlap.

I would like to know if is there a safe and preferred procedure for tuning the radio.?

Regards

Luis

20200711_173538.jpg
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Hi Luis,
some info attached but the man to ask would be Jay Mendoza.
Welcome onboard Luis, happy to hear you are discovering the forum and yes there's a lot of knowledge and info here.
I have edit your post slightly by rotating your picture and for YouTube just insert the "id" not the full web address.
Please share and keep us updated on your progress on this project and others that could be interesting for the members
Attachments
F&M Matador Reed Tx.pdf
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 181 times
F&M_Matador_&_Midas_review_RCME_Oct_1963.pdf
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 187 times
Cheers,

Tobe
lov1

Post by lov1 »

Thank you Tobe,

Post look much better now. I will take a look at documents you posted.

Regards

Luis
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

Hello Luis,
Take the rear cover off and identify the 10 pots that adjust the 10 tones. You may want to mark them to make adjustments easier.
The pots can get noisy/dirty with time so sometimes they will need to be cleaned using de-oxit and rotated to "exercise" them. But before you do that, identify which toggle switches are actuating their respective reeds properly, and focus on the ones that are not. There is some overlap between the adjustments so normally all you have to do is re-adjust one, or maybe two of the pots. Each pot is padded with a tone capacitor, and sometimes, the caps can get leaky and cause the tone to drift so far that the pot cannot bring it back on frequency, so you may have to replace the corresponding cap.
lov1

Post by lov1 »

Thank you Jay,

I'll follow steps yo mention.

Regards

Luis