Orbit 6 Channel

My favourite
RobertC

Orbit 6 Channel

Post by RobertC »

Hi all,

I’m having a break from FLC at the moment but decided that I’d like to try a Reed set , so I got (after negotiations with seller) an eBay sale of a An Orbit 6channel Tx, surprisingly working when battery was applied , but I’m going to convert to 2.4, has anyone got any spare/old /new old stock toggle switch knobs any colour would do ..
Many Thanks
Rob
Attachments
0B905474-2692-4309-BDBF-F96F5A6402B7.jpeg
RobertC

Re: Orbit 6 Channel

Post by RobertC »

Phil_G wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 11:01 Thats an Orbit 12 Rob, not a 6... in Reed-speak, each tone is a channel, two channels per toggle Image
The Orbit 6 had only three toggles plus the on/off
Cheers
Phil
Thanks Phil
That’s how much I know about Reeds!! ‘0’
But seeing as I’ve always flown mode 1 , Mike K said to me some months ago that I could also fly a Reed set , so , I’m going to give it a go ...
Thank you 👍
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

...Just for you info there were also those flying mode II as there were some benefits been able to control rudder and elevator when taxing not the least. By the way I was one of those as most of my fellow in the club that used and still fly reed in mode II.
Cheers,

Tobe
Martin

Post by Martin »

Landing trying to control both throttle and elevator is where I get mixed up. :oops:
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Martin wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 17:36 Landing trying to control both throttle and elevator is where I get mixed up. :oops:
tut--tut...Martin, every good pilot knows altitude on landing is controlled by throttle alone. :D :D
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Throttle for speed and elevator for attitude.
Cheers,

Tobe
Spike S

Post by Spike S »

"Reversion" is a Human Factors phenomenon well known in aviation AIU reports. Returning to Reeds from propo-induced bad habits, I also find that 'closing the Elevator and flaring the throttle' on a Reeds Tx can be embarrassing. Landing is then controlled by the elevation of the ground !

There are three secrets to a good landing. Unfortunately, nobody can remember what they are :shock:
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Robert, I would endorse everything that has been said. Flying reeds after mode 2 propo is not easy, particularly if you've never done it before...... Trust me, I have been there and crashed many times! For your first attempt I strongly advise a rudder / elevator model that will almost fly itself and is easy to repair! (Veron Robot or one of the Goldberg Falcons?) :P

Paul
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

A Junior 60 or 2 channel slope or thermal soarer are a great intro to reeds.

Definitely do not try what I did. I had one butt clenching flight on reeds with a Multiplex Twister EDF. I still don't know how I landed it damage free. More luck than skill I would hazard a guess 😄😄

Shaun.
RobertC

Post by RobertC »

Many thanks for all your encouraging comments , and appreciated, I fly mode one , and appreciate that mode 2 is opposite to my instincts , hence never used that mode (apart from model trains )
I have a couple of slope soarers , got a nimbus and another who’s name escapes me , so I’ll use that one for my experimental trainer into to reeds ..