A life long dream!

My favourite
JohnRogers

A life long dream!

Post by JohnRogers »

In the mid 60's my Father and I mastered single channel, flying Junior 60's, Matadoors and a Veron Mini Concord with the Northampton MAC.
I was always amazed by two blokes who flew Multi Channel Reeds, Tom Johnson and Roy. Tom was an electronics sort of Guy and I believe he made his own gear, The tx was Red, no manufactures name. They flew Veron Robots and a Veron Concord.

I have been flying proportional gear models since 1973 with a 25 year break in the middle but i have always thought of those early days and longed to fly again like we did in those days.

Roger Macey built an RCS s/c set, introduced me to Phil Green and I built a RCS s/c set which I fly in my 1984 J60.

I have just completed a full house set using the Phil Green encoder it works and installed in the J60. I have also built a Veron Concord, test flown with Futaba and just need a nice day to try it all out.

Many thanks to Phil for making this possible

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg
RobertC

Re: A life long dream!

Post by RobertC »

John

So glad to hear that you have your life long dream come true for you, its lovely when things all come together isn't it?

Lovely construction of your transmitter, and I just love the lines of the Veron Concord, a great model now as it was when first designed back in 60's if my memory serves me well..
Congratulations on your achievement
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

Thank you Robert.
The concord came out at 4.5 lbs, a little below the 6 lb when fitted with the original Reed gear and a Merco 49

I am using a 4 max PO3547-800 on 4S and 12x5 prop so plenty of power.

I will try the full house in the Junior 60, then a few other models before I try the Concord.

John
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Well done Roger - congratulations
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

I am Glad to report the Reeds set has successfully flown the Junior 60. Great fun. Will need bit more experiance, or nerve before flying the concord with it
IMG_0648.jpg
Edit - Roger, I hope you don't mind that I've rotated and reduced the size of your Photo - Mike_K
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

Thanks - I tried to rotate it, but not enough servo throw on my laptop!