Orbit 12 Channel Giga bashed

My favourite
RobertC

Orbit 12 Channel Giga bashed

Post by RobertC »

Hopefully Stuart this should give you some encouragement to enjoy your journey with the RCS set you have there, I've had this for some three months or so poached off eBay but got it for half the advertised price, was in a bit of a state.

Removed all the innards and promptly sent the circuit board to Shaun, I had no further use for it...
First was to clean the case removed the rust from the switches ,turned out to be rusty steel washers under the toggles, reset all the switch contacts and reinstated them to the case , asked Phil to supply one of his 'Reeduino' boards and had it programmed to suit Spectrum , using up some of my Orange Rx TX modules before I move on to Lemon Rx TX modules as supplied by Stuart.........

Assembled and wired with twisted cables rather than the flat Futaba style, a couple of questions answered by Phil and Stuart and Hey Presto we now have a working fully functioning Reeds Transmitter, I've an old slope soarer which will be the test model for this adventure into Reed flying....
IMG_1550 - Copy.jpg
IMG_1904.jpg
IMG_1906.jpg
IMG_1907.jpg
stuart mackay

Re: Orbit 12 Channel Giga bashed

Post by stuart mackay »

The words very neat and professional conversion spring to mind!
Well done Rob, cracking Job! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D