Variphone help needed!

My favourite
jmendoza

Re: Variphone help needed!

Post by jmendoza »

Todd,
Phil says using a proportional radio as a master and the reedunio as a buddy box is not a good idea, he discourages it. I have to believe he knows what he is talking about and so if we try a reeduino, it should be in a foamie or a Wanderer so we can acquire good reed flying skills before risking a Hobie Hawk.

The guys in the UK have an edge on us because they are used to having the rudder and elevator on different sticks when flying, and the rudder on the left, elevator on the right. That is all crosswise and backwards to us Mode II flyers and will take some getting used to.

I could try hooking up the reeduino Tx to my Real Flight simulator to see if I can handle it, and get used to the control layout.
Scott Todd

Re: Variphone help needed!

Post by Scott Todd »

Its just another transmitter Jay. Use the wireless buddy box feature. Nothing else to do. The Master doesn't know how the signal is generated. It sees the same signal you are trying to send to the airplane and passes it thru. If something goes wrong, the Master just takes it and flies. You are WAY overthinking it.