Kraft 12 conversion

My favourite
jmendoza

Kraft 12 conversion

Post by jmendoza »

Here is conversion using a Phil G reed emulator and a FrSky (both are Phils favorites) The radio works flawlessly, took me about 6 hours to do the conversion. Battery test button was replaced with a power on LED, RF output meter was converted to a battery meter, charge jack was added to the bottom of the case. The servo speed control works really well. You get servo reversing and trim on all channels, very nice. I understand Phil has a micro controller now he calls a reeduino to replace the reed emulator.
Kraft 12 PhilG (4).JPG
Kraft 12 PhilG (3).JPG
Kraft 12 PhilG (2).JPG
jmendoza

Re: Kraft 12 conversion

Post by jmendoza »

Wow, I forgot about this one, see post below:
Gotta find it and to dig it out, battery is probably dead by now too.
I have another Kraft Custom, it's a 10 but it is original and it worked after I restored it 30 years ago, willing to bet it does not work anymore though. :(

How time flies

Jay
Bo Edstrom

Re: Kraft 12 conversion

Post by Bo Edstrom »

Nice conversion!

Cursious about Your "RF output meter was converted to a battery meter".

Can You breifely describe how You did that and how to figure out suitable resistance to get the meter to show max when battery is fully charged or near?
I have some Orbit transmitters and would like to get the RF meter to be used as battery volt meter and perhaps I could to get some valuable info here how You did it? One of my Orbit Reed 10 (from about 1962) has as it seems same RF meter (as seen from outside) as Your Kraft Reed radio above show.

/Bo