Sanwa help please.

Single to Multi propo
Shaun

Sanwa help please.

Post by Shaun »

Hi,
I'm about to convert this set and would like to make it 6 channel like the very first propo set I owned back in the 70's.

Has anybody got an auxiliary slider, u/c switch and lockable power switch going spare please from a junker set.

I believe the next gen Excellence used the same slider and u/c switch but this set had a slider for the power.

Cheers,

Shaun.
IMG_20211020_221650919.jpg
Mike_K

Re: Sanwa help please.

Post by Mike_K »

Where have I seen that transmitter before?!

If you can wait until the weekend, I probably have a Sanwa 6-channel set with an auxiliary and switch, but the switches all seem to have a bit of corrosion as the Sanwa battery is a pain to remove, so usually get left in long term and then the switch is the first thing to get corroded. If you prefer, you can still buy similar switches from Digikey, Mouser and probably RS and Farnell. The part you need is:

https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/products/d ... -C/2105189

You have to remove the plastic shroud on the original switch and unscrew the cap off the new and swap them over. Easier said than done, but possible.

Mike
Spike S

Post by Spike S »

Hi Shaun
I converted one of those back in 2018 (?) and it has had continuous use for S/C button and sticks since then. Case is quite tight but 'doable'. I thought I had generated a thread on that but can't find it. Lots more inside phots if you want.
3881c1.jpg
Rates trimmers in the top opening so no extra case holes needed. Bind LED fed into the bottom of the transparent meter housing
3882c1.jpg
Is this what you are looking for ?
4372c1.jpg
The display had been removed (loose inside) but otherwise the delightfully robust metal case is untouched. Sticks are really smooth and it would make a great conversion in preference to being a donor 'Christmas tree'.
Too many other projects ! I would have brought it and another bunch of converter candidates to Ponty for swaps had I been able to travel. Yours if you want it.
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)
_AL_

Post by _AL_ »

Mine.....
Attachments
Aeroflyte Sanwa 6.jpg
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Thanks for your replies gents; appreciated.

Spike, l believe I have one of the sets you've offered in good original nick in the museum collection. Let me have a look and see if the aux pot etc will fit. I'll get in touch but I'll wait until Mike gets back re spares from the same model set as that would be a direct fit.

Cheers all,

Rgds,

Shaun
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

:o Spike, Where did that Black Sanwa come from? I have been looking for one of those! I WON one in an RCM&E competition many years ago...... I can't remember what happened to it but I have never seen another. It wasn't clear from your posting if you plan to convert it but if not, please don't dismantle it for spares, I would like to buy it from you...... pm sent.
Spike S

Post by Spike S »

PM replied to you and Shaun :)
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)