Horizon HS2L

Single to Multi propo
stuart mackay

Horizon HS2L

Post by stuart mackay »

Just received this near mint Horizon HS2D from a fellow modeller.
Bit of a clean up and some new dry cell batteries and it is all working again on 26.995 Mhz.
Video below of the system in "action"
Hope you like, then please give it a thumbs up on YouTube?

Cleaned up and all working
Cleaned up and all working
As received
As received
Last edited by stuart mackay on 10 Oct 2020, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Phil_G

Re: Horizon HS2L

Post by Phil_G »

Very nice and thumbs-upped Stu, I also have a 2L which was the twin-stick two-channel version :D

HS2L.jpg

The Ron-converted HS2D is one of my favourite trannies of all, its so nice. It has an additional channel for throttle, on a rotary pot:

Little_V.jpg
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

...... and both make a nice conversion. :P
20201010_142104[1].jpg
Paul
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

stuart mackay wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 12:05 Just received this near mint Horizon HS2D from a fellow modeller.
Bit of a clean up and some new dry cell batteries and it is all working again on 26.995 Mhz.
Video below of the system in "action"
Hope you like, then please give it a thumbs up on YouTube?

https://youtu.be/7TQiUdd32DQDSCN1254.JPG
Wavemeter

Post by Wavemeter »

That’s smashing Stuart I hope you keep it on 27
I too have just bought a 2 channel horizon. It’s cleaned up nice too. Yet to check it out but it’s destined for a vintage Marblehead Yacht I’m restoring.

My cousin had one of these back in the 70’s and I was dead jealous.
9B3BFFFC-E679-420E-91C6-E0954A692E80.jpg
Reconstituted boy
RogerMacey

Post by RogerMacey »

Good afternoon Gents.
I've recently completed the 2.4GHz conversion of a Horizon HS2 single stick transmitter. I've added a rotary pot for throttle control to the front left of the case. This fits nicely between thumb and forefinger of the left hand for easy rotation.
It uses a 3 channel encoder, kindly supplied by Phil Green, on a DIY MORE Pro Mini Strong board. This feeds a FrSky XHT RF module.
I mounted the bind board in the upper part of the right cheek, covered by a clear acetate rectangle fixed in place using Nano clear gel tape. This provides some degree of waterproofing, but also enables the bind button to be depressed easily. The lower part of the right cheek has a Futaba-type charge socket for the 9.6 volt NiMH battery pack. The left cheek has a press button for the "Minute Minder" timer.
The red vinyl covered case was in a bit of a state when I acquired it, but I cleaned it with Swarfega and a toothbrush, and I think it came up well without causing any damage to the vinyl. Here's a picture. I would have provided more, but this one is large enough, and I have yet to find out how to shrink a Google Photos photo !
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

No pIcture visible Roger.
Try using Paint or similar imaging software and do a resize to 2000 pixels wide?
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Roger,

None of your photos are showing up in any of your posts, I've follows the "image" link and I think you're trying to post links to Google photos. You'll see them as you're signed into Google, the rest of us just see a greyed out "no entry sign". To see what I mean, open an incognito web page (or private web page if your using an iPhone or iPad), you'll then see what the rest of us see! If you need help uploading photos just drop me a message, maybe it's time to do a quick guide on "how to do"?

Cheers Mike
stormer254

Post by stormer254 »

As an aside I always take my photos with a small digital camera with the quality dialled down to approx half a MB. Means I never have a problem loading photos.
RogerMacey

Post by RogerMacey »

Thank you Stuart Mackay, Mike_K, and stormer254 for your helpful comments and suggestions.
The photo link was in fact to Google Photos, and I can understand why I could see it, and nobody else could ! Sorry !
I've now saved the Tx photo to Paint.net, and cropped it a little, and added it as an attachment rather than an embedded image. Hopefully now it will appear below !
Horizon HS2 right side view 440 x 646.jpg