Recreation of a FLC Sovereign 5 channel Tx

Single to Multi propo
Mike_K

Re: Recreation of a FLC Sovereign 5 channel Tx

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Robert

It's looking superb, I think if Idris Francis was still with us, he'd be proud of you. Looking forward to seeing it with its graphics in place.

Cheers Mike
RobertC

Post by RobertC »

Had a few more hours in the workshop today made a bit more progress , mounted all the peripherals sticks switches, trim pots, and so on, charger socket on side, and Sixth channel switch on top corner added (as suggested by Stuart, Thank you) ..
Made the Sub Front panel from black Plasti card, carefully notched out all the slots and stick apertures', this did take time and patience, and then I obtained some Black Brushed effect Vinyl, Stuck that on to the sub Panel , with a brand new Stanley blade removed the vinyl from around the slots and apertures', next posting should be the final episode in this project, and that's to install the electronics, and make it work !!, that's the difficult bit :lol: :lol: :lol:
P.S. There's also a slight teaser picture for any doubters 8-)
IMG_1028.jpg
IMG_1023.jpg
IMG_1024.jpg
IMG_1026.jpg
IMG_1033.jpg
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Rob

Fantastic job, your teaser is like one of those custom supercar "reveals" where they slowly remove the cover! I think installing the electronics will be the easy part compared with you making a faithful reproduction case.

Looking forward to the completed set.

Mike

ps hope you don't mind, but I rotated some of your photo's 90 deg so they were upright
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi Rob,
When you've finished this tx and are getting bored wondering what to do next, I wouldn't be offended if you wanted to make another one for me. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„.

Brilliant job, can't wait to see the finished item

Cheers,

Shaun
RobertC

Post by RobertC »

Thanks Mike and Shaun,
Shaun, my next build is already in the pipeline , and it is Flight Link Control inspired ... 8-)
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Rob, cant wait to see the finished article....Sir, you have my utmost Admiration and Respect!
RobertC

Post by RobertC »

Another day in the workshop, mainly waiting for Amazon and the Royal Mail for the last few bits , anyway, mounted all the boards (Two) :D

Wired the bits and pieces together, made a battery mount about the two push buttons , and held the battery in with a couple of TyRaps..

Set all the parameters up on one of Phil's encoder boards, tried all channels out with appropriate receiver and servo's, happy with that, mounted the facia permanently onto the front panel , last thing I have to make is the alloy stick tips, until then a couple of shots showing the inside rear, Final reveal will be either tomorrow or Wednesday...
IMG_1153.jpg
IMG_1143.jpg
IMG_1147.jpg
RobertC

Post by RobertC »

The Final Reveal

Well nearly two and half months in the construction, lots of help behind the scenes from Stuart M And Mike K for their measurements and pictures of original set , which they are both lucky to have in their collection, despite making a modern day version, I still hanker for an Original set, so if anyone knows of a set up for sale ,please let me know , it will not be converted just left as original..

Below are the final end results in pictures , any questions will be gladly answered, and I hope that everyone who may have doubted the completion now knows that if I take something on in life, its finished and to the best of my ability.

Thank you to everyone who made comments through the build process, giving encouragement , and also asking ''What's Next'', there is a next project,I believe Mike K knows what this is .............. to be continued :D :D
IMG_1171.jpg
IMG_1177.jpg
IMG_1173.jpg
IMG_1174.jpg
IMG_1175.jpg
IMG_1176.jpg
IMG_1178.jpg
IMG_1179.jpg
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Absolutely Superb!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Robert

I think this is the most ambitious re-creation I have seen, but it's also by far the best re-creation I have seen too, stunning job. I'm lucky to have an original Flight Link sitting in front of me and from the photos, it looks so like my original I couldn't tell the difference, except the antenna and push-buttons which would be the same for most conversions anyway. Idris Francis would have been proud of it!!

Cheers Mike

ps I've rotated your photos straight, I hope that is was OK to do so.