More Digimac 1+1 fun!

Single to Multi propo
ChrisBe

More Digimac 1+1 fun!

Post by ChrisBe »

Hey Phil. Really enjoy working with your Digimac 1+1 system. I recently aquired and converted a rare (to me) Hobby People 1plus1 transmitter from the early 1970's. It was made in England but have found out little else. Had to replace a sticky rocker switch (thanks eTrailer!) then used a stripped down FrSky JHT transmitter and powered up with a couple of 9 volts in parallel. The installation was a little snug (definitely no TARDIS on the inside!) but everything fits and it works a treat! It's become one of my favorite transmitters. Now just need to figure out what model to put it in to. An R/N Models 40" Simplex or a Competition Models Taube maybe? Thanks again to you Phil and all the other folks that make all this possible (and soo much fun!). Be safe!
Hobby People 1plus1 transmitter before conversion
Hobby People 1plus1 transmitter before conversion
Hobby People 1plus1 transmitter after conversion.
Hobby People 1plus1 transmitter after conversion.
Back of Hobby People 1plus1 transmitter after conversion.
Back of Hobby People 1plus1 transmitter after conversion.
stuart mackay

Re: More Digimac 1+1 fun!

Post by stuart mackay »

ChrisBe wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 07:12 Hey Phil. Really enjoy working with your Digimac 1+1 system. I recently aquired and converted a rare (to me) Hobby People 1plus1 transmitter from the early 1970's. It was made in England but have found out little else.
Looks like your mystery transmitter is the Mainstream Gem 1+1.
DSCF9410.JPG
DSCF9410.JPG (30.45 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Hi Chris, it is a Mainstream Gem 1+1.

I did a conversion some years back - it was posted on the old forum, so it has disappeared into the intersphere never to be seen again :( It was a wonderful set, great to fly with and most uncommon in my part of the world (Australia). That trannie is now in Shaun's museum. There are some pictures and videos of it flying a Dave Hughes Weekender here viewtopic.php?p=897#p897

Frank - Tiptipflyer - designed a 3d case and made a fabulous reproduction, details and 3d files here
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
ChrisBe

Post by ChrisBe »

A heartfelt thank you to both Stuart Mackay and Wayne H. for sharing pictures, background and experience with the Mainstream Gem 1+1. Very much appreciated. It looks like the only major difference is the sticker on the front. The Hobby People 1plus1 is quite rare here in the US as well as this was the very first one that I've seen, owned or touched. It's got a good comfortable feel in your hand and after changing out the throttle rocker switch better throttle response. Also appreciate Phil including electronic trim on his 1plus1 encoder board as there is no trim pot. It was a fun project. I've also converted a Mattel single channel and an Ace pulse commander (already with button). Now if I could get my hands on a Testors single channel transmitter I can complete my 1plus1 set. Thank you all again for sharing. Be safe and the best to all for the holidays!