Some more encoders on their way!

Single to Multi propo
tiptipflyer

Re: Some more encoders on their way!

Post by tiptipflyer »

Nice to sea another Minitron Tx. Well done.
I am still using mine which is converted to 35 MHz very often.
See also here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=134&p=329&hilit=minitron#p329
Minitron1a.JPG
Frank
Last edited by tiptipflyer on 01 Feb 2023, 08:51, edited 4 times in total.
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Thanks for posting the pictures of the Minitron, it is a lovely set and a manufacturer I had never heard of before.

At first, I thought it was a model of OS Minitron that I was not familiar with, but after reading your post, I realise it is a German-made set and has no link to the OS Minitron sets, it's just a coincidence they were both called Minitron. It looks in new condition, had it previously been used?

My encoders with the LCD display and menu buttons are a completely different design from the GTS boards that run the "F3A" or Phil_G firmware. At present, I only sell the boards ready programmed and tested (I do not plan to release the code), there are various models available and cost between £70 - £80 GBP depending on the model. I'm afraid the manuals (and on-screen LCD menus) are only available in English, there is an installation instruction, a quick start guide and a full manual available, I still need to draw the templates in pdf so you can print them to ensure they would fit.

https://vintagetx.co.uk/download/Instal ... _V1.0A.pdf

https://vintagetx.co.uk/download/Vintag ... 08.25c.pdf

https://vintagetx.co.uk/download/Vintag ... 25b_01.pdf

The encoders are compatible with most 2.4GHz modules, I've used them with LemonRx, FrSky V8HT/DHT/XHT, OrangeRx, 4-in-1 multi-protocol, Jeti TU2, Futaba TM7/TM8 (with a Schottky diode) and Corona CT8J modules. In fact, any module that accepts a ppm input should be compatible. I do not think Multiplex make 2.4GHz modules, but I think that the 4-in-1 multi-protocol modules (such as the Jumper) support Multiplex M-LINK. I would need to contact Pascal Langer to see if M-LINK is supported in PPM mode as you have to set the failsafe to make it operate correctly and not all protocols can have the failsafe set in PPM Mode.

https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Mul ... MLINK---78

Which Multiplex Europa Serie were you planning to convert? The orange Multiplex Europaserie is one of my favourite transmitter, I have the one below waiting for conversion with a GTB encoder and probably LemonRx module, it should all fit nicely :)
Multiplex_Europaserie.jpg
If you have any more detailed questions, just send me a PM.

Cheers Mike
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

As it 'appens I have just finished converting a Multiplex Royal using one of Mike's new boards. This is basically a GTB board but because I didn't think I could remove the front label without damaging it and because the back of the case comes off quickly and easily, I went for the "R" version which faces inwards and has the screen raised above the main board.
20230202_163409[1].jpg
20230202_163544[1].jpg
It uses 7 of the available 8 channels, the four switches at top right of the case are three Rate/Expo switches + Throttle Cut. To the left of the antenna the Red button is the Bind button for the Orange Tx module and the Blue button is Trim Memory. The switch at top left is the switched channel.

The model I am using it with is an electric glider with Ailerons and separate Flaps. I am using the Aileron differential and Aileron/Rudder mix functions and the encoder also has up to eight programable mixers of which I have used two...... One to apply a little down Elevator with Flap and the other to mix Throttle with elevator to cope with a huge trim change with power. The mixers are really easy to program and I have to say that the tranny is just a delight to use.......... PFM!

Paul
MelD

Post by MelD »

I have installed a GTB-R in a Futaba SS. The build is documented over on RCGroups in the Vintage Radio forum. Can’t figure out how to post pictures here but here is the link:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpos ... count=4441
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Thanks Mel, that's a very neat installation you've done on the Futaba and prompts me to get on with my next project, an elderly Kraft single stick which I acquired a while back. That one too will be an interesting conversion...... I haven't even worked out what all the pots are supposed to do yet! :?
Paul.
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=200&p=10568&hilit=kraft#p10568

Some info around the Kraft Single Stick Paul, some versions had the rudder trim in connection with the knob
Cheers,

Tobe
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Ah.... Thanks Tobe, I had forgotten that post. Do you know what the button on the side panel is for? :?

Paul
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Normally thas was when having a second Tx as buddy box, when it was held pushed down it activated the second transmitter as Buddy connected with a cord.
Depending on how the cord was connected it made one Tx main and the other slave, it was the main Tx frequency that ruled
Cheers,

Tobe