Flight Link Control Sovereign and Duette

Single to Multi propo
RobertC

Flight Link Control Sovereign and Duette

Post by RobertC »

Hi All,

Been a couple of weeks from any postings from myself due to SWMBO wanting the bathroom project finished off and therefore putting a halt on everything hobby wise in the workshop, the Series 4 is still in construction and hopefully with the week get some more progress done on that build .

Some of you may know I've been hankering for many years for some of Idris's brilliant workmanship , so along with Mike K and Stuart M, I can now be the proud owner/custodian of some Sovereign sets .

Stuart and Mike would not part with theirs and rightfully so :D , so I asked around and two great fellow modellers offered me some for a price I was prepared to pay ..
We have a very nice ,hardly used 5 channel Mode 2 complete set in original box, with instructions, 5 servos, receiver, charger , servo accessories, and neck strap, and original Deacs (removed by previous owner)....
Along in the same parcel was a Duette, 2 channel set complete with instructions, servos, receiver charger, and deacs , and in good used condition..

I was also offered a 4 channel single stick sovereign, with out any receiver or servos just the Tx, too good an offer to refuse seeing all of Idris's equipment is rare, this set also came in good user worn condition.

I've also in the photos showed my recreation of the 5 channel sovereign set I made from scratch using Stuarts and Mikes measurements, and you can see the case's are identical, all apart from the stick units ...

Interesting to read all the postal stickers from the day, and also the old 'Recorded delivery' on the original delivery box..
IMG_1840.jpg
IMG_1841.jpg
IMG_1843.jpg
IMG_1852.jpg
IMG_1846.jpg
stuart mackay

Re: Flight Link Control Sovereign and Duette

Post by stuart mackay »

Brilliant Rob, absolutely chuffed for you!
I fondly remember the boxing and all the labels on my S4 and Sovereigns if they ever got returned to Hounslow!
Maybe you could scan in the instructions as my ones departed this earth long ago!?!
RobertC

Re: Flight Link Control Sovereign and Duette

Post by RobertC »

Yep sure thing Stuart , I will have to find a scanner to transfer it to a pdf format, all my printer scanner does is scan to print , its old like me :D :D