Skyleader RX?

Single to Multi propo
iflylilplanes

Skyleader RX?

Post by iflylilplanes »

Just scored a Skyleader Clubman Super and a Multiplex Europa, with receivers, chargers and some servos. I'm waiting for them to arrive, in the pic I have there is what looks like a brick, did Skyleader make two channel bricks?

I would have posted a copy of the pic, but can't do that till I get home from work tonight, so I will post a pick in about 8 hours.

Dave
Cheers,

Dave
_AL_

Re: Skyleader RX?

Post by _AL_ »

I saw those but too slow. Nice score.
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

I surf the web at lunch times, when on RCtrader I've found you have to be quick, seeing these, I got straight on the phone to the guy. He is shipping them off to my works office in Adelaide, they will put them on the next pallet to Sydney.

BTW, here is the pic.....

See the bag under the Skyleader, has two servos I can see and the other bit looks like a receiver brick on it's side, the other things in the bag can't be seen clear enough.
Cheers,

Dave
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Dave

I think it's just the standard Skyleader Clubman Super AM Rx, it's double deck with the rf board on top and the decoder and servo connector block on the bottom pcb. The Skyleader TSX Rx were very similar, except the servo connections were on a fly-lead, but circuitry was the same. The later Skyleader FM Rx were a single deck Rx, with a different servo plug/socket.

Skyleader_CS_Rx.jpg
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Oh well, I didn't buy them for just the flight packs. Both the transmitters look in good nick and clean, I don't remember ever seeing the Skyleader brand for sale in Australia, I have seen Multiplex over the years used by the odd glider flyer but never for sale in any of the LHS's in Sydney. Anyway, if they still work on the 36mhz band I'll keep them stock, will see when they arrive.
Cheers,

Dave
iflylilplanes

Re: Skyleader RC Gear.

Post by iflylilplanes »

My purchases arrived today, the Skyleader Super Clubman turns out to be a two channel set converted to 29Mhz, the TX is mint as if it's never been used, there is a shielded button on the top of the case, no idea what it's for. The orignal receiver looks like it has not been converted from what ever the orignal, a second receiver with the brand CHM Systems was the one used with the TX.

Only two trims, aileron and elevator, and it's on the best mode, Mode 1.

The two receivers, two servos, flight pack, switch harness and one servo extention lead.

The orignal receiver looks like it's never been used.

Original charger is gigantic, 240 volt version.

The servos and switch harness have been converted to Multiplex plugs, the original plugs are in a bag in the box, I can refit them if I feel like it.

Anyone have a manual they could scan for me please?
Cheers,

Dave
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Here you go Dave, the original instructions were A4 sheets photocopied in the factory, no fancy booklet!

The shrouded switch was for the buddy-box/trainer switch, you could connect two Skyleader Clubman/Clubman Super/TSX/SLX/Courier together, one master the other slave for training purposes.

Most 2-channel sets were used for gliders and so didn't get covered in oil, all the best Skyleader transmitters I've bought were 2 channel sets used for gliders or electric boats. If you want to convert it to 4/5/7 channels, the blue and black Digi-Fleet Custom II and III sets also used Skyleader made joysticks and you can often get a beat-up corroded set for £15 on eBay and then use it as a donor set for the joysticks and auxiliary.

Mike

Clubman_Super.pdf
(942.91 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Fantastic, printed and bound, many thanks for that. It will be put in a box with all it's bits, I will fit the original plugs to the servos and remove all the old Ni-cads. The transmitter will be kept 2 channel even if I convert it, already have many multi radios.

Thanks Again,
Cheers,

Dave