Multiplex Europa Manual?

Single to Multi propo
iflylilplanes

Multiplex Europa Manual?

Post by iflylilplanes »

My other purchase, a Multiplex Europa Sport-Serie, not sure if it's a four or five channel set up, the transmitter has five inputs, the standard four and one slider under the power switch, but, the slider inside is not pluged in. There is a unused socket on the board, but I'm unsure if that socket is for an input or not. The receiver has five sockets, numbered 1 2 3 4 B. Did Multiplex have duel use sockets (power + servo via Y lead) on receivers like the later 2.4gig receivers?

The TX, RX and not in the photo a charger, previous owner used the Skyleader servos with this gear, changed the plugs.

Anyway, I'm looking for an English or German scan of the manual for this radio, if someone can help please?
Cheers,

Dave
MaxZ

Re: Multiplex Europa Manual?

Post by MaxZ »

A multi-language manual can be found on the Multiplex website: https://www.multiplex-rc.de/Downloads/M ... -en-fr.pdf

Cheers,
Max.
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Thanks anyway, been through a lot of online manuals, including your link, none were for this series of transmitter. Mine is from around 1978 Europa-Sport series 4/6, found a catalogue showing a black case version, that's about the best so far. Interesting that it has a plugin RF module, should be easy to convert.

Thanks,
Cheers,

Dave
MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

Sorry, I should have seen that it was a different animal.

This one at least looks like yours, the "Sprint" version, could this be of any help? https://www.multiplex-rc.de/Downloads/M ... nt--de.pdf

Cheers,
Max.
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Thanks Max, much better, I've always been a Futaba and JR user till I went 2.4gig, now I use a Frsky Taranis, gone from simple to one of the most advanced radios. love the Taranis, but I love vintage RC as well, my collection is slowly growing. This Multiplex gear is the second I've ever seen in real life, shows how few they are here in OZ.
Cheers,

Dave
MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

Dave, I have been a Multiplex fan since the early '90s, my first one was a Mc 3010 Profi, followed by a Royal Pro and a Royal SX. Before that I owned a Brandt Electronics Microprop ( licensed in the UK as Fleet iirc ?), and a Simprop. I lived in NZ in the '80s for a while, and brought that one along, must have been the only one (temporarily) in the country. Also there it was mostly Futaba iirc.

The MPX 3010 was my first computer Tx, the programming system just suited me best when compared with the main brands in Europe at the time, Graupner (JR) and Robbe (Futaba). I do also own a Taranis X-Lite since a couple of months, and I must say once you get through the basics it looks very familiar when compared with MPX. Mike Shellim's website on OpenTx has been very helpful in going up the learning curve.

Cheers,
Max.
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

iflylilplanes wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 09:36 ........ love the Taranis, but I love vintage RC as well, my collection is slowly growing. This Multiplex gear is the second I've ever seen in real life, shows how few they are here in OZ.
Hi Dave,

MPX were very popular with the competition sailplane (F3B, F3J, etc) & e-sailplane (F3E/F5B) fraternity in Australia through the mid 80's to mid/late 90's. My MPX radios are of that generation, being a Royal MC from 1985 & a MC4000 circa 2002. Both were very leading edge in their day, and fabulous Txs still, IMHO. Enjoy your Europa ;)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Wayne_H wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 23:05 The MPX were very popular with the competition sailplane (F3B, F3J, etc) & e-sailplane (F3E/F5B) fraternity in Australia through the mid 80's to mid/late 90's. My MPX radios are of that generation, being a Royal MC from 1985 & a MC4000 circa 2002. Both were very leading edge in their day, and fabulous Txs still, IMHO. Enjoy your Europa ;)
When I saw a Multiplex (no idea what model) transmitter for the first time, was at a glider comp in the late 80's, the owner had just purchased the system, and was having an issue with servo reversing, he finally realized all he had to do was reverse the plug going to that input. When looking inside the TX, all there was was a single PCB with a big chip in the centre. It amazed me that that German radio could do the same as my JR Max66 with almost nothing inside, my JR was packed with like 10 PCB's of different sizes and almost no room left inside the case, the multiplex had lots of room to add on all sorts of extras.

My Europa seems to be on 35mhz, I don't think that is legal here in OZ.
Cheers,

Dave
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

Good afternoon.
Would allso be very interested in that manual.
There are several Europa transmiters made by MPX , the first ones are metal cases ( have to search if I have any images ).
That one is the first plastic case serie ,an Europa airplane one ( there was allso a car/nautic 2 channel versión) has detachable internal module and it was upgradable to 6 channels.
There is even a version made for the spanish MODELHOB brand , all Black, own one.
After that came the Europa sprint, its externaly the same but inside the electronics have been simplified , rf module is integrated in one pcb, the inside conectors are UNI ( same as futaba) and not MPX own ones.
Then came the Europa MC 1020 , 2020 etc that have a microcontroller, cristal display.. the link to the manual previous in this thread belongs to THIS Last one.
Yours
Rafa
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

My Europa seems to be on 35mhz, I don't think that is legal here in OZ.
Forgot to mention that I have a combi80 that is very similar inside converted to frsky .
I brought the same connector that the original module has , a veroboard , and soldered the module over the veroboard.
The hardest part was removing the original antena Mount and socket , turning a small plastic piece to do a New socket and Mount the 2.4 antena .
I used a fixed spektrum one , im " alergic" to Screwon 2.4 antenas since I saw a glider flyaway because it was not screwed on properly. Dont fly fpv either

Rafa