Post by Rafael »

Missing one , duplicated onw
Attachments
Inside combi80
Inside combi80
iflylilplanes

Re: Multiplex Europa Manual?

Post by iflylilplanes »

Your Europa is almost identical, mine has a slider below the power switch (the only difference), but it's not plugged in. The 5 pin socket just to the left above the module plug, what is it for?, stock, it's unused, in your conversion you have a plug in it, what have you plugged into it? What is the extra board in the lower left corner of the case? it's not in the stock TX, yours or mine.

Thanks,
Cheers,

Dave
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Hi Dave,
iflylilplanes wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 03:33 ......The 5 pin socket just to the left above the module plug, what is it for?, stock, it's unused, in your conversion you have a plug in it, what have you plugged into it? ......
Multiplex typically used the DIN socket for charging (normally a 6-cell NiCd, later NiMH cell pack) and for buddy box operations, depending on how "specked up" your particular Tx was.
iflylilplanes wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 03:33 ......What is the extra board in the lower left corner of the case? it's not in the stock TX, yours or mine.
From the picture, it appears to be a plug-in expansion or customising board - in this case, for differential ailerons (and maybe CAR?). The fact that it has a socket on top indicates that it accommodates stacking of expansion boards (piggy backing). I've never looked inside one of these 'sport' radios, so I'm speculating - All my Tx's were sufficiently 'high end' that such options were replaced by programming options.

Just thought of another option for you. Peter Pine in Armidale was the Multiplex importer in Aus for a long time, including when these radios were being sold. I've lost contact with Peter, but last I heard he was still around and doing the occasional comp or rally. edit I just did a quick search - Peter is contactable at http://www.flyelectric.com/

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

iflylilplanes wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 03:33 Your Europa is almost identical, mine has a slider below the power switch (the only difference), but it's not plugged in. The 5 pin socket just to the left above the module plug, what is it for?, stock, it's unused, in your conversion you have a plug in it, what have you plugged into it? What is the extra board in the lower left corner of the case? it's not in the stock TX, yours or mine.

Thanks,
The left plug as someone said is for a diferential mixer ( two aileron servos, adjustable diferential ).Its not mounted on the Europa, but if you look more closely to the comby80 it has it installed. You can se a plug there and the rest of the mixer is in the lower LEFT side but above the baterys. When seen from the front you can apretiate the 3 Black adjustment knobs ( on the lower RIGHT if seen from the front of the radio. )
The Europa is 6 ( mine uses 4) channels and the combi80 is 7 ( mine uses 6 you can see that switch cannel top left from the front is not original neither is conected) channels , they use same stick gimbals, very similar circuit and upgrades .

The conector in the rf module can still be obtained from multiplex
Edit: looks like you May obtain one from here http://www.flyelectric.com/connectors.html

Rafa
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

As a curiosity , notice that the color scheme of the case of the "german" multiplex europa is like a ww2 fighter .
Light earth top an nearly sky blue underside.
I think its the only radio from multiplex that has that colour scheme ( spanish Modelhob versión is p61 " Black widdow" Black)
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Wayne_H wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 05:11 Just thought of another option for you. Peter Pine in Armidale was the Multiplex importer in Aus for a long time, including when these radios were being sold. I've lost contact with Peter, but last I heard he was still around and doing the occasional comp or rally. edit I just did a quick search - Peter is contactable at http://www.flyelectric.com/

Hope this helps.
I've known Peter Pine for over 30 years, still fly in comps with him now and again. I'll email him to night, Thanks Wayne.
Cheers,

Dave
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Wayne_H wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 05:11 Hi Dave,
iflylilplanes wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 03:33 ......The 5 pin socket just to the left above the module plug, what is it for?, stock, it's unused, in your conversion you have a plug in it, what have you plugged into it? ......
Multiplex typically used the DIN socket for charging (normally a 6-cell NiCd, later NiMH cell pack) and for buddy box operations, depending on how "specked up" your particular Tx was.
Not the one on the front of the case Wayne, the one in photo 3, just above left of the where you plug the module in.
Cheers,

Dave