A Festive Fiddle

Single to Multi propo
Wavemeter

A Festive Fiddle

Post by Wavemeter »

Twas the day after Boxing when all through the house. Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse ..... or was it!?
Decided to fix up my beautiful OS three channel transmitter. It was set up with throttle on the right and sprung centered stick on the left MODE 1

At first the task of converting to MODE 2 looked daunting. Especially as i though i needed to make a return spring. However stupidity overcome I realised the spring i needed was on the left stick and all I had to do was move it to the Joystick on the right. Also make up a small ratchet.

The ratchet came off an old Futaba Challenger and with a small amount of modification works brilliantly.

The transmitter has been given a good service and is working great on 27Mhz. I think I will keep it this way.

The sticks although fundamentally the same get smoother and smoother between the sets The Three channel is rather stiff centering with is 'butterfly' style return springs wrapped around the pot shafts. The Cougar Mk1 has the same stick only with the more modern spring return system. The sticks on the Mk1 Cougar (now on 35Mhz FM) are smooth but still powerful centering. The OS Cougar Mk 2 has beautiful smooth silky smooth sticks and frankly I cant see quite how this was achieved as the sicks look the same as the Mk1 version - maybe spring tension but more likely a 'collective' improvement with all components just a bit better.
Attachments
IMG-7288.jpg
IMG-7287.jpg
IMG-7286.jpg
IMG-7285.jpg
2AE7957F-6446-404B-99CC-6CCBF00A1ADD.jpg
Reconstituted boy
stuart mackay

Re: A Festive Fiddle

Post by stuart mackay »

All looking good and a nice collection of OS classics, Jonathanl :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8-) 8-)
Wayne_H

Re: A Festive Fiddle

Post by Wayne_H »

Very nice Jonathon ;) :mrgreen:

All you need to complete your 'OS collection' is a reeds set and a Pixie Mk I and Mk II :P :roll:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)