MMESSITER

Re: LockDownRadioControl

Post by MMESSITER »

Ah!! I stand corrected !! 😃
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Malcolm,

Welcome to the forum. What a fantastic project, I know how much work you must have put in, having done my own (less capable) encoder.

Cheers Mike
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

One of Mike's Encoder in one of my home brews!
20220417_131206.jpg
20220417_131250.jpg
I spent the evening last night looking at you project and as many before me have said impressive and surely will have a few giving a try thank you to your very nice documentation. Must admit that it has quite too many bell & wissels for me which I would not know how to appreciate properly as I never got acquainted with "extreme" computer radios.
Cheers,

Tobe
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Welcome to the forum Malcolm. My endorsement too for your "high-end" DIY Tx, well beyond my current (if ever :oops: ) capabilities :shock:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
MMESSITER

Post by MMESSITER »

That’s very kind! I think there’s a lot still to do!
I hope to add stabilisation then autonomy… unless I run out of room in the processor or my tiny mind can’t cope.

I love the way that after a struggle, the code just works and then continues to work after I’ve forgotten how!

On the oboe, I have to repeat the same work all over again for every concert. That’s very frustrating!
MMESSITER

Post by MMESSITER »

… incidentally, the instructions on GitHub are still incomplete and also a bit out of date. If ANYONE wants actually to make one, please remind me first to update the instructions. Better still, get in touch. I’m happy to help. There are aspects that cannot so easily be documented. And the project advances nearly every day so it’s hard to keep the instructions up to date. Eg I just added Audio functions this week.
MMESSITER

Post by MMESSITER »

… I found a really good way to test range!
Range tests on the ground are not realistic as models
are higher than that.
Range tests with model in the air are — too dangerous!
So I put my radio into a DJI Flamewheel 550 with a DJI NAZA 2 autopilot. With this setup I know that if I exceed range, it’ll simply fly back and land! Perfect. But so far I never exceeded range owing to the fact I cannot see the model when it’s over a kilometre away!