From Tobe's skunkworkshop

Single to Multi propo
Tobe

Re: From Tobe's skunkworkshop

Post by Tobe »

Awaiting a paint job hopefully followed by some descent weather for some flying!
20221114_210753.jpg
This Single Channel set up has a modern approach as the trim to the left is actually throttle, the small pot is to set the rate of the Adams Clome actuator. On top on the sides of the antenna you have throttle lock and the time setting push button.
Phil's original sketch have accordingly been modified to suit this set up, rate and expo only on aileron which is the only channel that can be reversed as "elevator " is used to the variable pulse rate.
Here on the back you will notice a commercial nRF24L01 module CE and FCC compliant
Here on the back you will notice a commercial nRF24L01 module CE and FCC compliant
Here's a peak of what's inside. The encoder board is one of my own design and has on the back as piggyback a nRF24L01 module.
All plastic parts are of my design and printed in my shop in ABS.
Cheers,

Tobe
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Like it; a very compact set.

Shaun
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

After some paint....just need to pull out the vinyl cutter!
20221115_184152.jpg
20221115_184304.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Just a quick note to share what's going on here in the "Skunkworkshop"
This is my new 6 channels Encoder a la Phil's nRF24L01....there are a few changes however to make it "Lite"
In imperial 37.6 mm is 1 1/2 "
In imperial 37.6 mm is 1 1/2 "
20221214_143138.jpg
Except the smaller size it runs on just 4 AA like many modern new Tx on the market.
The board is running on 3.3 v as the oscillator is set to 8 MHz and in this case I use the internal one in the 328PB.
There is an equivalent Rx on its way but that one is still on the test bench so for that you have to wait.
The idea of this "Lite" is to facilitate allow the conversion of "small case Tx" like the old single channel.
It could have been done slightly smaller but I wanted to keep regular pin headers however the pin headers for the control have signal in the middle so if something needs to be reversed just turn the connector 180 deg, recalibrate and you are ready to go w/o any major hassle
Cheers,

Tobe
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

...and here comes the new Rx, still Phil's baby but with a few touch ups!
20221219_161914.jpg
This Rx works down to 2,3 v maintaining full range. The set up is such that the Atmega88P runs of the same voltage regulator as the nRF24L01 set to 3,3 v, however the BOD for the Atmega88P is sat to 1,8 v and the nRF24L01 only needs 1,9 v in the Rx mode. To be able to run the Atmega88P at this lower voltage I have replaced the 16 MHz external oscillator with a 8MHz version.
The design includes reverse polarity protection and in how the voltage regulator i located you can run HV servo on 2s completely safe as the power bus to the servo connector has its power supplied directly from the chosen power supply unit before it goes to the Mosfet and the voltage regulator.

Cheers

Tobe
Cheers,

Tobe
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

I like it :)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Tobe

nRF24 Tobe Rx-board

Post by Tobe »

I have a few of my 4 channels Rx-boards available including the nRF24 RF-module available at cost if some of you are interested please PM.
20230125_080457.jpg
I'm asking for € 15/per unit + S&H
The Rx comes with a 3D printed case and if wanted preprogrammed in accordance with your unique ID and channel sequence.
On request and on a one by one basis I have also a few Tx boards available of different shape and size, if interested just ask and I will do my best to accomodate you, they would be € 25/per unit + S&H included a nRF24 + PA

Cheers

Tobe
Attachments
tobe_nrf24_receiver.pdf
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
Cheers,

Tobe
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Very neat work, Tobe!

I don't know how you find the time to keep producing these masterpieces!

--
Pete
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

....some development from the shop, as it's dark outside I have been busy producing for Ponte in the spirit of Ken Willard and mode-zero.
First i built a couple of Traveler's:
20230226_152151.jpg
The Traveler fits in the box with all needed for a day at the flying field that might pop up on a journey
The Traveler fits in the box with all needed for a day at the flying field that might pop up on a journey
....whoops not a e Traveler but a Schoolgirl but still Willard's design
....whoops not a e Traveler but a Schoolgirl but still Willard's design
followed by some custom made gears as this Tx
This Tx is equipped with a stick printed in ABS with the files available here on mode-zero
This Tx is equipped with a stick printed in ABS with the files available here on mode-zero
20230331_202836.jpg
This one is a 3 channels based on NRF24L01 and an encoder updated to run on 4xAA
The nRF24L01 module is piggyback to the encoder. The size of the encoder is 38x38 mm
...and it got it's name!
...and it got it's name!
Cheers,

Tobe
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

.....a touch of Tx, yesterday I dare to count how many Tx I have built from "scratch " and ended up with 25+ of which around 10 are still at home!
.....a touch of Tx, yesterday I dare to count how many Tx I have built from "scratch " and ended up with 25+ of which around 10 are still at home!
.....on top of this there are a few pure conversions and all of them are based on some of my boards given a soul by Phil's nRF24L01 system in some versions as there has been modifications/adaptations.
All this with the exception of the 2 with a screen as they are equipped with Mike's GTA board and a Lemon RF-module 🍋
Need to thank Mike for all assistance whom has been in many projects companion 😀 in  crime
Cheers,

Tobe