Cannon micro set

Single to Multi propo
Wayne_H

Re: Cannon micro set

Post by Wayne_H »

tiptipflyer wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 09:28 .....Do you guys mean Ken Willards Cannonshot, the small biplane or some other model.

Frank
You are correct of course Frank. I was referring to Willard's Cannonshot, the biplane.
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1247

Apologies for any confusion :oops:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
lov1

Post by lov1 »

Hello guys

A friend of mine just gave me a couple of complete vintage RC systems, one of them is a Cannon, the other one a Kraft.

I Opened the Canon system to check for batteries and to see if it is possible to change TX Mode, it currently is in Mode I and I would like to change it to Mode II.

Does anybody know how to change the Mode of it? The system is complete even with instructions, but instructions don't show specific procedure to change Mode.

Regards

Luis
Attachments
Cannon y Kraft.jpg
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

That is a tricky question as the stick is completely closed up...
The stick needs to be open and taken apart and the "arch for the elevator/throttle" needs to be swapped between the 2 sides...the plastic might be bridle so you need to be gentle on the screws! The peculiarity is that the stick have centering spring on both sides and that cause the need to attack both sticks!
It's not rocket science but it will take some effort and it's not that trivial.
The Boib Dunham sticks are extremely compact thus uses a few unconventional solutions.
To what I remember Cannon didn't had any failsafe settings so you don't need to remap the channels however failsafe on throttle is a requirement almost everywhere in the world!
20231212_195454.jpg
20231212_200847.jpg
20231212_200851.jpg
20231212_200855.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
lov1

Post by lov1 »

I can see on your pictures yo replaced original 72/35 Mhz Board. Cables to Pots with original board are really short, I couldn't replace complete sticks, I'm going to try with throttle/elevator Arc as you suggest first.

About remapping Channels, Ideally potentiometers for elevator/Throttle must be swapped as receiver is labeled for channel 1 and 3, but as you said there is no fail/safe on original setting.

Regards

Luis
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

When I converted my World Engines Talisman, the Dunham sticks needed a mode change, and I was amazed how easy it was,
like they were designed to be easily changed. The pot and bale slide out easily as a unit, and slot back into the other side.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1043
Honestly, the easiest mode-change I've ever done! (the hardest was a DX6i but we wont talk about that....) :D