Flight Link Series 2/3 variations

Single to Multi propo
stuart mackay

Flight Link Series 2/3 variations

Post by stuart mackay »

A recently acquired Twin Stick FLC Series 3 Tx showed up an interesting variation on the traditional black used on the stick centre escutcheon and trim levers, This one is in Ivory plastic, so probably a cock up at the injection moulders then!?!
Mike K will be along with a different colour , I am sure! :lol: :lol:
1969 - FLC Series 3.jpg
1969 - Flight link.jpg
Mike_K

Re: Flight Link Series 2/3 variations

Post by Mike_K »

The joysticks and trims I've got are more white than ivory, I wonder if yours have "yellowed" with age?

The single stick Series 3 has all-black plastic accessories, so it doesn't help with the white vs ivory. And photos from period adverts are all black and white, so don't help either.
FLC_Series3.jpg
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

The question is if the "colour" is even and also in those locations that are not really exposed.
Stain from fuel/castor oil, sunlight....or traces/remains from a heavy smoker?... I'm serious here as tobacco smoke is extremely aggressive.
Screenshot_20221210_224151_Chrome.jpg
The molded plastic from those day are very unstable and discolorations are quite common like som plastic becomes more briddle than other.
Was quite common to grind misshaps and mix it with some fresh material especially as the molded tools were trimmed.
Cheers,

Tobe
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Tobe wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 21:42 The question is if the "colour" is even and also in those locations that are not really exposed.
Stain from fuel/castor oil, sunlight....or traces/remains from a heavy smoker?... I'm serious here as tobacco smoke is extremely aggressive......
Many moons past in the early 70's, I had a school holiday job working for a friend who bought, refurbished then resold used office furniture - desks, chairs, filing cabinets, plan cabinets, boardroom furniture etc.. He used to buy up multiple floors of furniture at a time.

One of my subsequent jobs was to wash down all the furniture inside & out, to remove tobacco smoke discoloration. The damn stuff permeated everywhere. I shudder to think of the number of bucket fulls of dirty grey cleaning chemical impregnated 'water' that went down the drain, let alone the equivalent amount of chemicals inside the workers that had used the premises & furniture therein. :shock:

You literally had to see it to believe it.....
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Thanks for replies , guys and so it looks like we now have found two "white stick" FLC Series 2/3 s amongst Forum members, does this make the black one scarcer or am I trying to extrapolate a statistic without enough data?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: