Graupner Varioprop 12S

Single to Multi propo
Pchristy

Re: Graupner Varioprop 12S

Post by Pchristy »

Sorry for being late to the party - been away at the Charmouth heli fly-in...!

The limiter on the early Simprop sets was because Mode-1 F3C pilots were struggling with aileron control at full throttle. Fitting the limiter and recalibrating brought full throttle back to the mid-stick position, which made the ailerons feel more natural.

Since most pilots flew mode-2, even back then, no-one else bothered!

:lol:

--
Pete
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Thanks Pete for clarifying! Totally makes sense! :D
My old friend, Fritz Bosch, MD of Simprop back then, has gone to the great whisky distillery in the sky, and I never had the opportunity to ask him when he was alive!
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

I was going to add that I thought Fritz Bosch flew like that when he won the World Championships! Or was that back when he was flying Telecont? Never met him, but I saw his son demonstrating Kavan JetRanger helicopters at Sandown (or it might have been Kempton!) back in the early 70s. Got some 8mm movie somewhere of that!

I don't think his son had a similar restrictor! Could have been a bit awkward on a heli! :lol:

Speaking of Telecont - I bet that's one set MikeK hasn't got! Don't think I ever saw one in the UK, though I do remember them being advertised...

:lol:

--
Pete
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

Here are some pictures of my telecont 9 converted to 35MHz about 8 years ago.
telecont2.JPG
telecont3 (2).JPG
telecont4.JPG
Frank
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Speaking of Telecont - I bet that's one set MikeK hasn't got! Don't think I ever saw one in the UK, though I do remember them being advertised.

I'm sure he will have Pete. I've got one; quirky set and love the leather camera case style cover but I'm keeping mine original.

Cheers,

Shaun.