Odd Ball - Single Stick Radios

Single to Multi propo
Pchristy

Re: Odd Ball - Single Stick Radios

Post by Pchristy »

Yes, he seemed to be able to fly with any mode he wanted, though he said he had to think a bit when flying mode-1! :o

On his original single-stick Tx, he had separate levers for throttle and collective, and mixed them manually, on the fly!

And if you think his Tx looked ropey, you should have seen his helis! We shared a practice site with the USA team at one World Championships, and the heli he was flying looked like it had been pulled from the junk box! It flew OK though!

I remember the first time I saw him flying an electric machine at a World Championships. It was noisier than the IC powered machines! He struggled to get it through the noise tests! Still flew well, though!

:D

--
Pete
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

As I lived in the US I attended the huge IRCHA Jamboree a few times...and there I had to say hello to Curtis. All started when I was flying my Raptor .50 and practicing or better tried to make autorotations but every time I was a few meters from te ground I bailed out. A chap came up to me w/o presentations he said if I talk you through it would you go all the way...I said OK.
This chap stay with me for a good 1/2-3/4 hrs till I was going/daring all the way after which he left quietly. We met a few more occasions during the event till we at last introduced ourself and yes that was Curtis Youngblood.
Cheers,

Tobe
ozrs

Post by ozrs »

Spotted this on ebay:
Attachments
single stick.jpg
Richard