Odd Ball - Single Stick Radios

Single to Multi propo
Pchristy

Re: Odd Ball - Single Stick Radios

Post by Pchristy »

Some of them have a grub screw that tightens on the shaft (just visible in one of the shots of the Talisman UHF set, above). On others, the end cap on the knob can be prised off to reveal the pot below it. Do this gently, as it may be evo-stuck in place!

If neither of those works, I don't know!

--
Pete
MikeP

Post by MikeP »

The alloy bezel screws onto the conical portion of the "knob", the plastic grip has a very thin lip which the bezel clamps down onto.
Does anyone have a source of WE stick spares, mine are in a bit of a mess where they have been overtightened?
ozrs

Post by ozrs »

Thanks Mike - I hadn't even noticed the aluminium piece was comprised of 2 parts.
Richard
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Mike: I can ask Dave Wilshere if there are any radio spares still kicking around at the factory (he owes me a favour! ;) ), but I think most of them went in the skip when Mick passed away. I collected a few Dunhams stick spares plus a lot of components surplus, but most of the original US World Engines stuff had already gone by then.

As an alternative, SLM used to make sticks - including triple axis ones - and you might well be able to fit one of theirs on to your existing stick unit.

http://www.slm.uk.com/notbox.htm

They still have a lot of old bits kicking around and are very helpful!

--
Pete
MikeP

Post by MikeP »

Thanks, Pete, I actually cobbled the sticks together using some redundant SLM parts, when I was living only a couple of miles from Cheltenham I visited Martin and bought quite a lot of bits and bobs.
A bit O/T but I really enjoyed your vintage heli vids, just finishing off a mould for 47G canopies as there seem to be a dearth of them ! Lark 1 too, but thats another story entirely.
Mike
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Aahh! Mike, you should have asked! Jeremy Fox and I managed to get hold of Jim Morley's original molds for both the Bell 47 and Hughes 300, and have been doing occasional runs of them as demand requires. We've still got both B47 and H300 canopies in stock, if you want them.

We've also got the injection molding tool and some (but not all) of the molds. Jeremy is currently experimenting with these, but hopes to be able to reproduce some parts in the not-too-distant future.

The canopies are made from PETG, which is both slightly thicker and more robust than the original material. It doesn't suffer from UV degradation as much, either!

The canopy sets are £35, but we have a few "seconds" available (correct shape, but some optical defects) at £25, inc UK postage.

PM me if you are interested, and I'll put you in touch with Jeremy, who has the stock.

Cheers,

--
Pete
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I picked up a few bits from Martin at SLM a few years ago for the museum. They manufactured an amazing range of parts for many manufacturers. I found this single stick unit tonight while looking for something completely different.

The brass parts tube.ball joint etc) were chrome plated on the finished units.

Shaun
Single Stick unit.jpg
Wavemeter

Post by Wavemeter »

My first promo outfit was a Fleet. It had 1 single axis vertical stick on the left I think the same as a Skyleader two channel set. On the right it had a big round chrome dual axis stick similar to Kraft sets . The case was mid blue with grey plastic side cheeks. Inside the board wax turned side on . It had been well messed with by the time I got it and I certainly didn’t improve it :?
Not seen one like it since then (early 80’s)
Reconstituted boy
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

My 6 channel and freshly FrSky gigafied Kraft Series 72 Cuddle Box set, compare subtle changes in Tx layout with Gold Medal series in earlier post.
Attachments
IMG_20180329_223634.jpg
IMG_20180329_225628.jpg
29790358_10156270991894872_6332992329354534139_n.jpg
MikeP

Post by MikeP »

Looks great Stuart, is it going in your KF3 and will you be flying it with the old Kraft servos?