Re: Odd Ball - Single Stick Radios

Post by stormer254 »

A couple of different ones, one of which has a 2.4 conversion
Attachments
100_2426.JPG
stormer254

Post by stormer254 »

Very useful information Tobe on the Kraft radios, several of mine are on 27 which is still useable on boats, and I do fly with one occasionally. The MRC are also 27mhz. Most of these radios were purchase in the USA, approx 10 to 13 years ago at much cheaper than you will find them now, I am not a collector, when I had a stroke and realised I could not use any of my original, mainly Fleet radios, I did get a little bit carried away!
I now fly mainly with a converted SS Futaba radio wit a TM7 module. As a result I could be persuaded to part with something, if so I am normally interested in trading not selling
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

My new Single Stick....work in progress! Still need to get to do some sheet metal for a suitable case
Attachments
20210224_191745.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
stormer254

Post by stormer254 »

Very impressive bit of work, way above my skill levels!
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Many thanks both for the info and pictures. Tobe, my intention is to "do a Phil" on it using Phil's 7 channel encoder and an Orange Tx module so it will be compatible with different models which all have Spektrum/Orange airborne installations.

Can anyone tell me what the button was for...... possibly snap-roll or buddy box? :?

Paul
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

...most of those transmitter came with a "Buddy Button/Trainer" and I would guess that is what it's. Those early transmitter did not have any snap/dual rate or expos and not even revers throws opportunity that was why the set came with on reversed servo mainly for aileron.
Cheers,

Tobe
stormer254

Post by stormer254 »

Paul, as an aside I have a JR PCM, single stick conversion of course, radio with an Orange module, it does not stay bound when switched on, I have to rebind every time I switch to another RX, it will then be fine till I change models, ie RXs, then has to rebind again, I actually have two modules, one for DSM and one for DSMX to save me kicking the dog, the earlier module (DSM use) have to press the bind button to change modes DSM to DSMX which doesn't work very well, very hit and miss with my fat fingers! The later V2 version has an auto feature but still drops its bind when changing RXs. I have been on several sites , including here but despite helpful advice nothing has changed or helped the problem. One advice was basically the modules are crap and replace with a 4-In-1 STM32 Multiprotocol TX Module with Case for JR IRX4 Plus 2.4G CC2500, which does both DSM and DSMX plus loads of other protocols. DSM RX s are in particular very cheap so I understand wanting to use the Orange module but perhaps a bit more investigation before spending your hard earned might be worthwhile. My problems might be my own fault but I have tried another JR TX, 2 modules and loads of RXs, I have over 20, but the result is still the same! I sort of think it might be me or my equipment but several people on RC groups were very dismissive of the Orange module. I have nothing against Orange, I use quite a few of their Futaba Fasst compatible RXs and they perform faultlessly.
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Tobe wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 18:43 My new Single Stick....work in progress! ....
Like the colour! Have you decided on a complimentary colour yet Tobe for the Tx?
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

stormer254 wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 22:27 Paul, as an aside I have a JR PCM, single stick conversion of course, radio with an Orange module, it does not stay bound when switched on, I have to rebind every time I switch to another RX, it will then be fine till I change models, ie RXs, then has to rebind again, I actually have two modules, one for DSM and one for DSMX to save me kicking the dog, the earlier module (DSM use) have to press the bind button to change modes DSM to DSMX which doesn't work very well, very hit and miss with my fat fingers! The later V2 version has an auto feature but still drops its bind when changing RXs. I have been on several sites , including here but despite helpful advice nothing has changed or helped the problem. One advice was basically the modules are crap and replace with a 4-In-1 STM32 Multiprotocol TX Module with Case for JR IRX4 Plus 2.4G CC2500, which does both DSM and DSMX plus loads of other protocols. DSM RX s are in particular very cheap so I understand wanting to use the Orange module but perhaps a bit more investigation before spending your hard earned might be worthwhile. My problems might be my own fault but I have tried another JR TX, 2 modules and loads of RXs, I have over 20, but the result is still the same! I sort of think it might be me or my equipment but several people on RC groups were very dismissive of the Orange module. I have nothing against Orange, I use quite a few of their Futaba Fasst compatible RXs and they perform faultlessly.
Steve, could it be on the wrong pulsewidth? There are two!
Hopefully Mike Kitchen will be along to explain the technicalities and the fix n due course!