tiptipflyer

Re: German collection of radios

Post by tiptipflyer »

Thank you for the link, great page.

Frank
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Here's the daddy of vintage RC gear.. The Stegmaier Vacuum set.
I've heard from a reliable source it will be covered in the next RCM&E :D
DSC_0011.JPG
Shaun
F2B

Post by F2B »

Impressive!

As you might understand, most RC gear (during my formative years) in my country was either GB/USA stuff and the other half of German origin.
My first memories go back reading (over 10 year old) magazines with descriptions of said material.
By the time I got to the point where I had something flying and was ready for making my own RC set, we were on the brink of propo, but for DIY it was tone modulated carrier still.

If you look up the brand of Reuter in above link, I had some of them as well.
But in those days it wasn't just a matter of chucking your Paypal money towards some Ebay shop, oh no.... :lol:

On the family holiday to Austria, we made a little detour and we picked up some tone filter (coil's and C's) stuff and a beautifully crafted 2 channel stick swich from their shop in Haiger.
That part of the outfit worked 100% reliable, driving a little Bellamatic II.

Too bad, my knowledge of HF was so limited, I never managed to get more than 200 yards of range out of it.
Cranking up the HF power wasn't a safe solution as it turned out.
Blowing out too many AF 118 PA transistors as a result and seeing my Topsy heading towards the horizon equally many times.
But all is well that ends well and after making a new propo set ( Classic) Topsy lived happily ever after... :mrgreen:
F2B or not to be....