Another ebay bargain.....

Single to Multi propo
PaulJ

Another ebay bargain.....

Post by PaulJ »

This is the latest addition to my family, another bargain off ebay that nobody else wanted! A World Engines "Digit Migit", it was a bit battered and grubby but it has cleaned up ok.........
IMG_0440.JPG
'Standard Phil innards with an Orange DSM2/DSMX DIY Module. I have put all the bells and whistles inside the case and kept the original antenna so I can kid myself that I am young again. ;)
IMG_0441.JPG
I am still waiting for a charging socket...... 'pity Maplins went down the tubes :(

Thanks Phil!!! :D
Last edited by PaulJ on 09 Apr 2018, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne_H

Re: Another ebay bargain.....

Post by Wayne_H »

Very nice Paul ;). World Engines radios, either from the UK or USA, were very rare in Oz - I can't ever recall having seen one 'in the flesh'

I love your attention to detail, right down to an 'artificial' breeze on the pennant :P :lol: (or have you got the AC wound right up????) :roll:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Thanks Wayne. Yes, the angle of the pennant is due to the V1A-GRA chip I installed in the output stage which improves the performance of the antenna in older radios...... ;)
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

I like it :shock: (cheeky bugger!!)

- better not fly with the antenna up, ya don't want to risk blowing that output stage :oops:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)