Post by Al Clark »

Phil G,

Check your PMs please.

Al Clark
Al Clark
Al Clark

Can this be used with 2 wire pots?

Post by Al Clark »

I have a 1974 RS Systems Single Stick radio I want to convert to 2.4 GHz. All the stick and auxiliary pots are 5K pots, with each pot using only 2 of the 3 pins. The trims are mechanical 5K trim pots wired in series, so there are only a total of 2 wires coming from each stick and trim pot combination. Will this work with the 7ch Propo + S/C encoder, or would the program have to be modified? From what I have read here it looks like the encoder is set up for 3 wire pots.
Al Clark
Mike_K

Re: 7ch Propo + S/C mix encoder update/rewrite

Post by Mike_K »

Al

One of the methods in this post usually works quite well:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=135

You may have to play around with resistor values, otherwise you can find that the trim has the same servo movement as the joystick.

Mike
Al Clark

Post by Al Clark »

Thanks, Mike I'll take a look .
Al Clark
jmendoza

Love the new V2 update Phil, very nice.

Post by jmendoza »

I tried out the V2 of the 7 channel sketch, so much more to it as far as options, plus the DIP switch, this is a really nice improvement Phil, thank you so much!

There are other really nice touches too, but what what really impressed me was the LED double flash on the Arduino you added indicates the program version, excellent!

It's those little details that make it a PhilG.

Jay
jmendoza

Trim pot wiring, ESV and Demod circuits

Post by jmendoza »

Here is a simple way to do the trim pots, especially if the radio was set up with a 3 wire stick pot. on my Proline, the trims were 1.5K, the sticks were 5.5K. As long as the trim pot value is about 20% of the stick pot value, you should have plenty of trim.

The demod circuit is for looking at AM transmitter PPM pulses, and tuning the RF stage as well.

The meter circuit is best set-up using a 100-250K pot to set the meter full scale reading with a fully charged battery. 1N4738 (8.3V) is for 9.6V, a 1N 4740 (10V) would be OK for 3SLiPo.
Jay
ESV Pots Demod.JPG
Al Clark

Buzzer Type and Source?

Post by Al Clark »

I am building up some Phil G 7 CH encoders using the DIY More boards. I need to order some of the little buzzers that Phil uses. Anyone know what they are, and where to get them?
Al Clark
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

Use 5v active buzzers, they are available on the bay and in all electronic warehouses.
This is only one example:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32914327 ... hweb201603_
Al Clark

Post by Al Clark »

tiptipflyer,

Thanks very much for the info. The 5V value is what I needed to know.
Al Clark
Al Clark

Throttle Cut Switch Activates Motor in Cut Position

Post by Al Clark »

I have converted a 1976 RS Systems SS 6CH radio to 2.4 GHz using Phil G's 7Ch Encoder (I got it from him). I have a toggle switch connected for throttle cut, and it de-activates the throttle channel as expected. However, in the de-activate position, the ESC turns the motor on at a very low rpm, and this is unaffected by the throttle control or throttle trim on the TX. I'm using a Castle Creations Thunderbird 18 ESC on 3S LiPo, and an E-Flite Park 300 1380 Kv motor. I should add that when the throttle cut is in the activate position, the throttle control and trim work normally. Anyone have an idea what is going on here?
Al Clark