Vintage glider identity required

They stay up by magic!
Wavemeter

Re: Vintage glider identity required

Post by Wavemeter »

Revealed! Despite some excellent responses linking my model to a St Leonards Super Nova. It is in fact a Micro Mould Hite Finder
I came across an old BMFA advert showing such a kit for sale. It’s identical even down to the tinted canopy and tail shape. I have to say even though I haven’t flown yet I really don’t think it’s going to be a very good flyer. The tail moment is very short. The rudder very small and consequently massive dihedral in order to get it to turn. It is in fact quite ugly! However the wings are really nice. I have the idea that I could modify the shape of the nose and canopy to make it look like a Keli Kraft Elmira. The tailplane would be completely rebuilt and the fuselage extended in the process. Lots of projects on at the moment so it’s just a back burner for now
Attachments
8C7A02E9-0B66-4E4D-8766-C5089BE0A533.jpeg
Reconstituted boy
Nick M

Post by Nick M »

I'm with the Monterrey - I (still) have SuperNova wings (124 in) - has no diagonal sheeting on centre section
Nick M

Post by Nick M »

Ha ha - didn't see it had made it to page 2...!
GliderRider

Post by GliderRider »

On the rc-soar.com 'Design Classics' list, two people comment about adding an all moving tail to the Monterey, so it sounds like a popular modification in its day.

https://rc-soar.com/classic/classicidx.htm