Delta Lady

They stay up by magic!
Shaun

Delta Lady

Post by Shaun »

Just finished this 1980's kit I bought at Old Warden last year. Another kit bites the dust..
Designed by Mike Trew this was the quick build version... Glass fus, foam wings 54" span BUT..
40 year old veneered foam wings don't play nice.. The veneer had shrunk leaving a number of gaps and the edges were letting go where the glue had dried out, so not so quick build after fixing this. It took quite a few hours extra.

If you fancy one the trad balsa/ply built version will be in RCM&E in the near future as a plan feature. Sarik have various pre cut versions if you don't fancy the getting the knife out. My mate Rob built the Sarik one and it is an epic sloper. 10-50 mph without any ballast and very aerobatic but floats like a thermal soarer in light winds due to the 7.4 ozs / sq ft wing loading.

Shaun
IMG_20220619_180436394_2.jpg
Last edited by Shaun on 06 Jul 2022, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Spike S

Re: Delta Lady

Post by Spike S »

Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)
Martin

Post by Martin »

It looks neater with elevons than the original did, with its separate elevator and ailerons.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Martin wrote: 19 Jun 2022, 21:25 It looks neater with elevons than the original did, with its separate elevator and ailerons.
Yes I agree....
The reason the original had separate controls was Mike Trew didn't like the response and throws and slop introduced with a mechanical mixer. Also it was to reduce drag as only the elevator had reflex. The ailerons were in line with the wing at neutral.
stormer254

Post by stormer254 »

I had one many years ago, apparently when ordering the kits someone put the decimal point in the wrong place and my local model shop was selling them off dirt cheap!