Smugglers Gloider ooooh Arrrr me hearties

They stay up by magic!
Wavemeter

Smugglers Gloider ooooh Arrrr me hearties

Post by Wavemeter »

Built a Ridge Runt in a week flat - Made the wings in two halves and it all fits in my suitcase for my first foray into the old duffer railcard and a pre booked and very cheap rail ticket to St Ives Cornwall

As usual wind all the wrong way round for the slopes presented to me but hey ho managed a few moments in the air to satisfy my sloping just

Radio is still on 27mhz and working perfectly
Attachments
3B1B7BFB-CC84-4649-9327-3FF065A8ED94.jpeg
0E276D63-DC4B-4414-BEBD-BB0DAAE54798.jpeg
Reconstituted boy
Wavemeter

Re: Smugglers Gloider ooooh Arrrr me hearties

Post by Wavemeter »

Wavemeter wrote: 29 Jun 2022, 21:07 Built a Ridge Runt in a week flat - Made the wings in two halves and it all fits in my suitcase for my first foray into the old duffer railcard and a pre booked and very cheap rail ticket to St Ives Cornwall

As usual wind all the wrong way round for the slopes presented to me but hey ho managed a few moments in the air to satisfy my sloping lust

Radio is still on 27mhz and working perfectly
Reconstituted boy
_AL_

Post by _AL_ »

Really nice.
I always liked the Ridge Runt.
Wavemeter

Post by Wavemeter »

Thanks Al

Its a bit twitchy but i reckon will go well on the right day
Reconstituted boy
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Wavemeter wrote: 29 Jun 2022, 21:07 ...my first foray into the old duffer railcard and a pre booked and very cheap rail ticket to St Ives Cornwall
Avoid St Agnes Jonanthan:
Andy Simmons, BMFA wrote: Dear BMFA & BDF Members

Those in the slope soaring community will most likely be aware that model flying at St Agnes has been banned by the National Trust until we are able to agree a License. This ban has a legal basis and anyone flying there is open to prosecution and a very substantial fine.

With the summer holiday season now upon us some of you may have plans to visit the area and fly at St Agnes. Please do not do so, we must adhere to the current ban, an individual has been noted flying there and was reported to the National Trust with the result that the detailed negotiations between the BMFA, BMFA South West Area and the National Trust have been put on hold. It is also apparent from social media that people are still flying models at St Agnes. This can only further harm our cause even if no immediate concern is shown by other passers-by and that there is no signage.

There is no easy route through this difficult situation. For the time being our model flying community has to adhere to the ban and not fly at St Agnes. Continuing to fly there despite the ban may well lead to our not obtaining a license at all. The National Trust’s policy towards model flyers in general has not changed, their hands are tied by the requirements of Natural England on this matter and they need our support. To make progress we have to show that we are a disciplined community; please do not fly at St Agnes until a License has been agreed.

Kind regards,

Andy Symons
BMFA Club Support Officer
Wavemeter

Post by Wavemeter »

Ha ha Phil to be honest it was close ! My sister was camped there but as we had arrived on train I didn’t go there knowing full well it’s a desirable spot and the model gliding capital of Cornwall . That lone pilot could easily have been me but thankfully it wasn’t . I sent my sister that posting from BMFA and they all fell about laughing
Reconstituted boy