Lidl gliders available again

They stay up by magic!
ozrs

Re: Lidl gliders available again

Post by ozrs »

What amount of throw is required - (say in degrees)?
Richard
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Dunno but if you copy the geometry from the pics Rich, mine does twinkle rolls and its really very responsive which is how I like my gliders, needs very little stick movement in normal flight. Shaun has flown mine, he'll confirm its really snappy :D

30mm and 65mm for me: :D

lidl_root.jpg
Martin

Post by Martin »

With hindsight, I put the 'spar' (pivot axle) too far back on my Lidl wingeron, and the place where the control rod to the servo entered the wing a little too far forward. I test flew it and it was controllable but even with the transmitter throws maxed out it was not very responsive. Rather than remake the wing pivots, I just fabricated some extra-long servo arms by cutting one long arm off a servo and fastening it on to the end of the other long arm. I now get slightly more wing travel than is shown in Phil's video.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Mine are nearer 35mm and 100mm :oops:
LidlWingeron.jpg
You can see the original position where the control rod went in near the wing leading edge, and the cutout in the wing stub to give clearance. With the longer servo arms, I also made some new links that fit into the wing further back, so those cutouts are no longer used - the clearance cutout is now in the wing panel rather than the wing stub.

ozrs

Post by ozrs »

Thanks for the info guys - that's more than I need to get started - will post some pics when done.
Richard
Spike S

Post by Spike S »

Spotted at our patch today. LIDL Twin. 2x 100W motors. Goes like stink ! Conventional Ailerons and Elevator. No rudder but differential throttle instead (subject to ongoing experimentation)
DSCF4222cc.jpg
DSCF4230c.jpg
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Spike S wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 16:07 Spotted at our patch today. LIDL Twin. 2x 100W motors. Goes like stink ! Conventional Ailerons and Elevator. No rudder but differential throttle instead (subject to ongoing experimentation)
A man after my own heart, BUT, Damn - he beat me to it :x :cry: :lol: :lol:

I'd envisaged my "variant" to have a T-tail, like the full size Bronco. Ah well, maybe one day :oops:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Aussie folks can get the Lidl glider (if its not out of the same Chinese factory I’ll be amazed!! :shock: ) from K-Mart for $10
https://www.kmart.com.au/product/big-fo ... -43073931/

Also available in NZ from K-Mart but I don't have link details. Thanks for the "heads up" Barry👍

I've ordered 4, currently in transit. It'll be good to try some of the conversations you UK types have experimented with. Also, I can do a direct comparison with the Banggood Cheetah.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)