Sigma

They stay up by magic!
Wayne_H

Re: Sigma

Post by Wayne_H »

Wow, I cannot believe that its just over 12 months since I last flew the Sigma :o . Come to think of it, late Feb/early March was when I last flew anything :shock:

Since we had been "booked" to baby sit our twin grand-daughters, I seized the opportunity & unpacked the Sigma from storage in anticipation of a few quick flights on the farm adjacent our son's place. Before committing aviation, I remeasured the decalage & down thrust - while neither were excessive, I reduced the tailplane incidence by approximately 1 deg, having previously already increased the down thrust by 1.5 deg.

First flight showed side thrust was good but a little more down thrust was still needed. The glide was fast but flat, with excellent penetration and rudder response. I jagged a lovely thermal while on the glide and "specked it out" in just over a minute :P . To come down, I put the motor on low & using the spinning prop as a break to limit the max airspeed, spiralled down without any problem. A 10min flight off a total of maybe 40 secs motor run - lovely!!!

I managed to get some very rough video using my mobile phone sitting in my shirt pocket. Hopefully it is good enough to maintain the ".... if its not on YouTube...." principle :o :P

Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)