They stay up by magic!
Shaun

Re: Been sloping...

Post by Shaun »

Ok Col. The more the merrier. :D
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

As an unwilling member of the Flat Earth Society (I live in Suffolk) I am finding this thread particularly painful :cry: . It has made me quite broody ! :?

Paul
glyn

Post by glyn »

Sorry I should have sent this scan in to respond to the mystery model query instead of the flying shots of me.
Scan 4.jpeg

Is it the mystery model?
Still looks like it is to me at least!

Glyn
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Nont Sarahs today as it was a Southerly, arrived to find a dozen or more jellyfish hogging the slope - I let them know we were there, all good and we had a brilliant day. Just me & Geoff this time. Geoff took his motor-glider (HK Volantex?) and Wildthing, I took the reeds Impala, Little-V, and a Wildthing but mostly I flew the Lidl glider using the World Engines 'Talisman' that I finished last night. This transmitter is lovely, its now my favourite propo tranny, so small and convenient, the Dunham sticks are great, it just feels nice. I'd never even range-checked it but it flew the Lidl glider all afternoon, long, long flights right up to 7pm, must have been at least four hours of air-time, really happy with it. There were a couple of other bods there, no-one I'd seen before - one with an Ahi and the other with an M60. Geoff left about 6, I had a few more flights then warmed up an MOD rat-pack, very nice chick-pea onion & tomato curry followed by Blueberry turnover. Our squaddies dont go hungry :D

Back home now, hundreds of Lambretta and Vespa scooters everywhere, must be a meeting at Squires :D

World Engine 'Talisman', simple homebrew FHSS code on a cheap NRF
World Engine 'Talisman', simple homebrew FHSS code on a cheap NRF

You dont want a badly-out-of-trim glider at Nonts!

Fantastic lift but a very unforgiving slope...
Fantastic lift but a very unforgiving slope...

Zoom in on the overhanging rock....<br /><br />... wasn't me guv!
Zoom in on the overhanging rock....

... wasn't me guv!

This is the furthest east of 'our' end of the ridge
This is the furthest east of 'our' end of the ridge

By agreement, the jellyfish fly this end
By agreement, the jellyfish fly this end
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

Looks a great site.

Gordon
glyn

Post by glyn »

Absolutely superb weather today and so went flying. All the models are light wind flyers (except the ceiling tile). Had a great session. Tried most of the models on the button equipped Arduino conversion Digimac III and very nice they were too... chickened out on the landings though and brought them in on the sticks!
I flew my Minimoa fleet (Minimoa chuckie from Outerzone, KK Minimoa from the Vintage Model Co and the ceiling tile from FMS) they all went well.... (maybe the foamie was a bit tedious).
Can’t we have weather like this all the time!
Cheers
E4693605-A4E4-46F5-B8EA-F8543E42F808.jpg
Nick M

Post by Nick M »

Great collection!

How did the Wizard o Oz go? I made one - flying it on s/c with open tx (thanks Pascal Langer)

I’m finding it difficult to kill the zoom after a turn and wondering if I’ve set it up wrong or just general incompetence on my part

Obviously fine on the sticks but that’s not the the point

Any ideas?
glyn

Post by glyn »

Hi Nick
I"m afraid I have the same problem, indeed I have a small elevator fitted for some inflight trimming, this elevator is not particularly effective during normal flight however.

Good luck with yours.

Glyn
Last edited by glyn on 19 Sep 2020, 23:39, edited 3 times in total.
Nick M

Post by Nick M »

I like the Zeitgeist - https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=9044 originally s/c the with GG addition
I find this easier to stop zooming

No flying today so started to compare Z with WoZ - https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=8472

At first I thought the Z had a longer tail moment (measured both - about 1:3) then I thought that it might be tail area (again both are very close to 1/3 of total wing area)

Obvious difference is WoZ has a lifting tail and CG a little further back (pretty sure this is usual) - article seems to say WoZ is capable of flying in pretty strong winds

Someone must know - maybe lumpier days?

By now it's a post in the wrong section of the index - apologies

glyn

Post by glyn »

Hi Nick
I did not know very much about the Zeitgeist until I saw the OZ link you sent. It looks like a very nice model. I'll have to put it on my "to build list"...
Last edited by glyn on 19 Sep 2020, 23:40, edited 2 times in total.