Invitation to ISA Nostalgia Day Saturday September 14th

They stay up by magic!
Phil_G

Invitation to ISA Nostalgia Day Saturday September 14th

Post by Phil_G »

Pete Beadle has very kindly invited all mode-zero's sloping enthusiasts to his Ivinghoe Nostalga Day on the Beacon, Saturday September 14th. Its an easy-going 'Fly-In' not a competition, like a "Slope Ponty" :D
Pete Beadle wrote:...On the Saturday 14th September 2019 I would like to cordially invite you to participate in ISA Nostalgia Day and to mix with other like-minded vintage soarers from "dahn sarf" for a change!
Commencing 10.00AM with mustering at the Car Park slope (LU6 25P) to identify which slope will be used on the day. The only thing chaps who intend to fly on the day MUST bring is proof of 3rd party insurance. OK? I WON'T be going round checking insurance on the day but you MUST have it.

I would also suggest that visitors look at the RAF Museum at Hendon and/or the Mosquito Museum at South Mimms as well, but only if they're staying more than the one day
There 's also Bletchley Park Museum for anyone staying the weekend, I'm already booked in for a few days at Town Farm Campsite which is at the foot of the slope :D

Anyone up for a weekend away, giving the old Impalas, Soarcerers and WOZ's an airing, and showing off your 'period' retro radio refits ? I think we could put on a really good show for the ISA members!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ivi ... able+LU6+2

Cheers
Phil
Mike_K

Re: Invitation to ISA Nostalgia Day

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Phil

If you haven't finalised your booking for the campsite, you are quite welcome to stay with me, I'm 5 miles away from Ivinghoe Beacon and can see it from the bottom of my paddock.

I hadn't got anything planned for the weekend, so count me in. And if the wind is wrong for slope soaring then my clubs power site is only a few miles from the Beacon, so you'd have a chance to fly something, even with a button :)

Cheers

Mike
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

I could have been quite tempted by this - if the old Miggle Phase 2 qualified as 'Nostalgia' (when was it originally designed? Mine has been in the loft unused for probably 15 years now); but the two weekends prior to that I intend to be in Australia (I've heard Gary's coming here, so I'm going there ;)) and it may not go down too well with the family if I then spend the next weekend away playing with toy aeroplanes..........

Shame - I originally learnt to fly on Baildon Moor with a Gentle Lady and the Middle Phase was my second model for 'high wind' conditions.....
Attachments
The MP was 10 years old at this point. (Please excuse the f0@m13 on the left).
The MP was 10 years old at this point. (Please excuse the f0@m13 on the left).
Last edited by Colonel Blink on 12 Mar 2019, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Spike S

Post by Spike S »

That's a good news day out for us Southern Nostalgistas. 14 Sept noted In my diary. It will also give my mojo a push to finish the part-built Force Four (on Reeds, of course). :)
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)
belli

Post by belli »

Ok, High School English teacher hat removed....
Last edited by belli on 12 Mar 2019, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

belli wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 16:05 Genital Lady? Manners please....
I don't know what you mean..... ;)
glyn

Post by glyn »

Hi Phil sounds like a good ‘do’ but it’s too far for me sorry to say. You’ve got a Moonbeam? Is it the full span or the clipwing variant? Hope to try mine on the button soon, I suspect it won’t be easy!

Glyn
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Phil

Do you know how old the design should be? I've got an old Impala, so old it's still got Skyleader SCR1 servos in it. And most of the tissue covering is damaged, but repairable. Do you think one of Tobe's Rand LR3 would be powerful enough for the control surfaces? If you're flying some reed sets, GG should be represented as well :)

The only other model I've got that may be OK is a 2ch R/E Middle Phase, it must be 30 years old. But they still make them, so not really vintage.

Cheers Mike
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Mike I seem to remember the Impala was reviewed in one of the mags using a Rand.....

I'm trying to arrange things so I can go for a day or so. I've never flown at the site..

Discussing with Phil, I have the prototype Veron Big Eagle and Cobra...... Could be tempted to fly the Big Eagle if the weather was perfect..

Shaun.
Martin

Post by Martin »

I've got a Veron Vortex kit I bought in about 1983, still unfinished! :oops: Is that old enough to qualify? It's more of a thermal soarer really but could be okay on a light wind day. I built the fuselage and equipped it with a (back then still in production) two-channel Ripmax Medallion 27MHz set. I still have that radio, but I suppose if I finish building and covering the wings and tail feathers in time, I could fit it with something that at least looks older!