The pushrods could not have come out better, 4mm carbon fibre tube and a couple of Dubro 2/56 rods, Zed bends at the servos and quick links the other ends, and the pushrods are straight, no bends or kinks from the servos to the control horns.
Everything is going together perfectly, and a neat setup too.
The elevator exit is free and none binding at full deflection up and down, I have also wet the balsa around the exit with thin CA to strengthen the edges of the exit hole, and will do the same for the rudder exit too. The rudder hits the elevator at full up, so I will take 3 or 4mm off the bottom rear of the rudder, the rudder is about 4mm lower at the bottom because of an earlier mistake I made, so releaving the bottom of the rudder will bring it back close to the orignal size.
There is almost no play in the drive from the servo arm to the control horn, and what there is you can't see.
The rudder has a little over 45 degrees throw each way, better to much than not enough, end points and expo will adjust to whats needed.
Closed in the fuse, wings are next.
Two new switch harnesses arrived in the post today, haven't used one for 10 years, been flying electric for that long.
The bits and peices left to do on the fuselage are, mount the switch harness, make exits for the receiver antennas, glue and pin the hinges, fit hold down dowels for the hatch cover, mount the throttle servo and run the pushrods for both the throttle and nose gear, fit the nose leg and mount the engine. After all that is done, prepare, finish and paint the fuse.................... listing what needs to be done to finish the fuse, I've realised I have done the easy part already. I hate finishing, I'm not good at it.
Anyway, I start the wings this weekend.