Mode Zero Fleet

Anything with a propeller
MJF

Mode Zero Fleet

Post by MJF »

Well two models is a mighty small fleet. The Mini mambo single channel has seen the most flying of the two this year. Still a lot of fun with its good running Cox .049. 100% control reliability now unlike the "good old days"

The Sr. Falcon has spent most of its life on floats with proportional radio. I installed the Reeds Emulation setup in it last summer and tried it out. It survived. The Enya .60 IIIB has more than enough power to keep things exciting. An old 45 would be better but too much work to change over having built up the nose around the 60. The converted Kraft transmitter with Phil's PIC emulator works to perfection.
I found that our runway is a about a foot too low. The landings sort of plonk down during the last foot or so as the flair happens too soon with the all or nothing elevator commands. Maybe I could improve on that if I can get myself to flair later. The ground comes up pretty fast though.

Still flying the Bi Fly which I intended to operate on single channel with kick up elevator, three motor speeds and rudder. It is like a squirrel on the ground even after moving the landing gear ahead by 1 1/2" from that shown on the plan. (now perfect with proportional though). Hand launching is best for that one on the button but there in lies the problem. Not many can hand launch anymore. To do it well yourself requires the left hand supporting the lower wing near the front, right hand on the fuselage behind the lower wing, your other left hand holding the large single channel transmitter and your other right hand gripping it hovering over the button.

Started to build an 80% sized Dave Platt Executor (OZ9919) & will use .09 - 10 glow power to solve the above. Will start a thread on that when more parts are cut out.
My Mode Zero Fleet
My Mode Zero Fleet