Post by Tobe »

Many years ago to not say decades I built a Pipsqueak
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=6211
20210623_142438.jpg
20210623_142150.jpg
20210623_142204.jpg
20210623_142222.jpg
20210623_142158.jpg
as I just acquired a Canon Micro R/C system with a Cox Pee Wee.020 and it was a real nice flier but time passed and it was forgotten till a short time ago so I decided to go for a new one and I took the time to make proper files so I was able to laser cut the parts. Of course it was this time intended for GG but I realized quickly that none of my actuators would fit nicely so I was locked to make a cage in the back as by the original. However my brain during a morning walk went in an uncontrolled mode i.e it decides by itself what to come up with...from this first thoughts and some try and error I came up with a "mid acting GG actuator" that would fit in some of my smaller models like the Pipsqueak, a Lil 'Stick and not the least in a replica of my first R/C model given to me by my late dad with an ACE Pulse Commander...and yes that model still exist!
20210623_145429.jpg
So the project was just a project for a while but after some tinkering it went into production and is just awaiting installation and a covering job.

20210623_142245.jpg
20210623_142305.jpg
SkärmklippGG.JPG
AS you might see I had to mid place the 2 plates so now the actuators height is just the height of the motor/gearbox. The actuator is built so it works with elevator horn placed on top which is the opposite of a regular GG-actuator.
This are the first models I have built since my dad passed away which is strange for me that used to build at least a dozen models a year...so maybe my Mojo is back and it's time to be back at full speed hopefully

Cheers

Tobe
"
Hi David ( Twitcher), hope to find you well, I'm making a try for Ponte but I'm not hopeful with the actual situation with Delta not the least however this actuator might be what you were looking for last time we touched base at Ponte
Be well Pal and stay safe
"
Attachments
20210623_142705.jpg
20201229_195243.jpg
20210623_145439.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
Wayne_H

Re: Pipsqueak

Post by Wayne_H »

Tobe wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 14:21 .......... However my brain during a morning walk went in an uncontrolled mode i.e it decides by itself what to come up with...
Ah, so it's the morning walk - the secret is out, at last :o
Tobe wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 14:21 ..... I came up with a "mid acting GG actuator" that would fit in some of my smaller models like the Pipsqueak .........
AS you might see I had to mid place the 2 plates so now the actuators height is just the height of the motor/gearbox. The actuator is built so it works with elevator horn placed on top which is the opposite of a regular GG-actuator.
...so maybe my Mojo is back and it's time to be back at full speed hopefully
Another innovative and great looking GG Gizmo Tobe, well done yet again ;)

Also, terrific to hear the mojo has returned - I can smell the balsa dust and the 3d printers in over-drive from here :lol:
Tobe wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 14:21 ...... I'm making a try for Ponte but I'm not hopeful with the actual situation with Delta......
the Delta strain appears to be causing havoc everywhere. We were ready for a 2 week trip back home to Aus but at the moment there is a sharp rise in Delta cases here in NZ and back in New South Wales as well, such that the trans-Tasman bubble has been suspended for several days (initially), and very likely to happen again, and again, and....... Not to mention the slow vaccination rollout here in NZ :x
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)