New Build, Top Flite Top Dawg

Anything with a propeller
iflylilplanes

New Build, Top Flite Top Dawg

Post by iflylilplanes »

I built the Top Flite version of this Ken Willard classic in 1974, it was a great trainer, I managed to score well over 1000 flights before a radio failure re-kited the model. Then "The Sometime Build" came up on RCGroups, and the Top Dawg was always a model I was going to build "Sometime", now, I had an excuse to build it. Here is my Sometime Build of the Top Dawg https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... e-Top-Dawg it's a scratch build off the Top Flite kit plans, using the 10% wing section option shown on the plans this time. The changes I made are, bolt on wings and main gear, radial mount the engine sideways, a solid 3/16" balsa tail-plane and a nose to wing engine cowl/hatch. I will be flying it as the original, RET, rudder, elevator and throttle, power is an OS Max15.

The Top Dawg and a previously built Royal Coachman are the first scratch built model I've built in over 15 years, and the first IC models I've flown in 10 years. Loving the hell out of building and love IC, even the cleanup at the end of a days flying.

Dave
Attachments
Top Dawg (1).jpg
Top Dawg2.jpg
Cheers,

Dave