Single Channel ‘jets’

Anything with a propeller
Shaun

Re: Single Channel ‘jets’

Post by Shaun »

I'm thinking of updating mine with an elevator so I can fly it s/c (with kick up ele), reeds and propo.

It should be a great all round model for most weather conditions.

Shaun
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Phil_G wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 14:26 I wouldnt. Spoils a perfectly good S/C model :D
Behave you 😜

Remember I have to give the updated plan mass appeal for the mag as it's only the selected few that appreciate the enjoyment of flying on the button and I would be out of a job getting everybody these very expensive X-List plans cheaply. :D

Talking about plans, the Pushover article is out now in RCM&E. I've modified from the original Mills power option to also have , e- power, ducted fan and glider modes. Airframe was superbly built for me by Carl from an iGull parts kit.

Shaun.
Igull

Post by Igull »

glyn wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 13:22 Early days but looking good so far. Both used Neil’s part kits (igull).
What a really cracking finish job Glyn - looks superb, well done !

It would be good to use a pic of either on my fleabay page for the parts - any chance - pretty please - your name up in lights LOL ??

Neil
glyn

Post by glyn »

Hi Neil yes I could send you a picture of either of them. The Go Jet is quite nicely built but the Lightning will need the squint filter engaged as the silver covering shows every imperfection (and there are loads!)
Where do want them sent to?
Have to be indoor shots too due to the hurricane season here in the Borders (as well you know!)

Cheers
Igull

Post by Igull »

Hi Glyn
That's great - just my normal address is fine - neil@igull.co.uk
No hurricanes here, just south easterlies that Santa organises each year so we can slope soar from the local beach dunes :-)
The hurricanes are due to paying insufficient council tax - that's invariably the cause for most ills :lol:
Neil
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Glyn, great job with your 'jets' ;)

You also appear to have touched on a "sweet spot" for forum members based on the responses to date :) I remember reading the original magazine article and studying the plans, day-dreaming about being a "jet jock" one day .......

Other possible contenders for eligibility into the 'jet set" could include:
  • Praying Mantis by Whitey Pritchard - https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=7703
    I built one of these about 1975, but modified to multi with ailerons & an elevator on the canard. Never got it airborne as our grass "runway" (?) and the Enya .35 cross-flow I used were incompatible :cry: and nobody was prepared to risk their extremities trying a hand launch :shock: :lol: I did manage to break the fuselage in half twice as it was several inches longer than the maximum door dimension!! :shock: :oops: It was relegated to 'storage' as I married soon thereafter and other life commitments took precedence :!:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Shaun wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 15:05
There's also the P1174, I did 3 years ago the canard delta . Decant is another one and for multi the 362 or L'il Toad deltas.
Who's not read this thread properly then :lol: :lol:
I covered the P1174 in RCM&E as a plan feature. Flys well but rocks a little . Rudder response is most like ailerons .Looks great in the air.

Shaun.
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Shaun wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 23:35
Who's not read this thread properly then :lol: :lol:
I covered the P1174 in RCM&E as a plan feature. Flys well but rocks a little . Rudder response is most like ailerons .Looks great in the air.

Shaun.
Oops.... Yes I did read that previously but obviously forgot :shock: :oops: I'm blaming it on the 2 hours restless sleep I achieved last night :cry:
For the same reason I also thought of, but forgot to add in, the option of enlarging any of the various jetex or catapult designs published /kitted over the years.

Back to bed for me ...............
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Spike S

Post by Spike S »

Don't forget all the Veron/Phil Smith 'Jet' designs, both ducted fan and Jetex. All ripe for electrification or modern engines and fans
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

And talking of Phil Smith......

I recently aquired a copy of the 1948 Aeromodeller Annual (the very first) and the frontispiece is this picture of Phil Smith being presented with the Queens Cup.
Phil Smith.Queen.jpg
The caption at the bottom says that he was the first winner of the Queen's Cup. 'Not sure when he started Veron...... does anyone know?

Paul