Swallow Banggood

Anything with a propeller
Shaun

Swallow Banggood

Post by Shaun »

Bargain model at under £14.00, shipped for free and should be under 250g even with an fpv set up. Will go like stink for the top end power set up. Great for keeping in the car and will probably make a good sloaper as well. Kit includes EPP wings and nose, moulded (printed) motor mount, carbon strip, laser cut plywood servo mounts. Not retro but I'm sure someone will have a go at flying it on reeds 😄

https://www.banggood.com/Swallow-EPP-80 ... 19163.html

Shaun
glyn

Re: Swallow Banggood

Post by glyn »

Hmm... not for me I’m afraid, but certainly cheap.

Glyn
Last edited by glyn on 03 May 2020, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

You will be surprised how good it is Glynn.. Inexpensive yes, nasty it isn't. Mine came out at 247g FpV ready. It could have been lighter with a smaller lipo. All the hardware was adequate. Even included a 3d printed motor mount to replace the original ply one. Not flown yet but it wants to leap out of my hand when powered up and will go vertical.
Tigerman01

Post by Tigerman01 »

Watch the service. I bought one of these from Banggood. The plane and servos arrived fine. The motor and esc didn't?. They tried to resend, but only after their statuary 30 days waiting period. On the 3rd attempt, 3 months after the plane arrived and, I lost count of the number of e-mail, the missing bits arrived. Only to find that the motor did not fit the supplied motor mount and it had no connectors on the leads. The whole lot is now filed in the shed awaiting better days, I really can't be bothered. :evil:
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Thats a real shame re your experience with the service. I've bought well over 200 items from Bangood now in the past 4 or 5 years. Only ever had one issue where an item had sustained damage by some individual or sorting machine in the delivery chain; they resent a replacement after I emailed over a couple of photos. Not getting connectors on the motors is one of the reasons Bangood sell them so cheap. You need to check the specs as some also don't include a prop adaptor but to be fair costing buttons what should we expect for £5.00 and free delivery for a brushless motor. I know I don't expect much.

Try RC Timer. I've used this company for many years , problem free.

These are superb replacements for an 049 - 051 motors - http://www.rctimer.com/?product-1457.html

I've used these motors in a number of the plan features for RCM&E and have proved to be excellent. Great quality, well balanced and complete with prop driver etc. They come as a CW & CCW pair but this doesn't matter. CCW for tractor models, CW for pushers or just use a nyloc nut on the CW version when used in tractor mode.

The motor mount in my swallow was a 3D printed item but could be easily modified to accept a variety of motors.