9x radio boat throttle

Often forgot about but boats are a great way for the youngsters to get into radio control or even the oldies!
bluejets

9x radio boat throttle

Post by bluejets »

Have a Turnigy 9X radio with ER9X software installed and have been playing with the settings all day to get it how I want it.
Thought it might be useful to others in here at some time.

Rather than have a centre stick position as "OFF", my idea was have the throttle stick go from zero to maximum on both forward and reverse and this forward /reverse selected via the rudder switch. Not a new idea overall but setting it up apparently is.
With the throttle cut switch set as a safety switch, nothing happens. (default turn on...all switches set backward)

First I set 2 curves to take care of the stick movement for forward and reverse.
Then I set the safety switch on the throttle so no motor run could occur at startup.

So, turn on, set safety switch forward position and with the rudder switch, select either forward or reverse motor run.
Throttle goes from zero speed to maximum in the selected direction.
Attachments
Throttle_cut.jpg
ThrottleCut1.jpg
C2.jpg
C1.jpg
Reverse.jpg
Forward.jpg
Mix.jpg
Wayne_H

Re: 9x radio boat throttle

Post by Wayne_H »

Neat, thanks for sharing Jorgo👍
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Also just found safety switch menu and set one up as throttle cut on radio turn on.
Attachments
Throttle_cut.jpg
ThrottleCut1.jpg
MJF

Post by MJF »

Regarding your Boat Throttle...
In a recent radio lot aqua-sition I came across this ingenious device which I believe was a collaboration between Rube Goldberg and Heath Robinson
(German Division) which would allow Forward - Stop- Reverse - Stop - Left- Center- Right -Center all off ONE button. How hard could that be?

I have tested the 6 speed Marx Richard gear motor that came with it to find that it works fine but have not tried out this gadget as yet - maybe today?

Test glides over long grass expected soon.
Sold in North America as Aristo-Matic Actuator by Aristo-Craft. <br />The instructions that came with it are labelled as <br />Johannes Graupner
Sold in North America as Aristo-Matic Actuator by Aristo-Craft.
The instructions that came with it are labelled as
Johannes Graupner
Measures approx 110mm X 55mm X 55mm
Measures approx 110mm X 55mm X 55mm
Marx Richard 6V electric motor
Marx Richard 6V electric motor
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

This actuator is the Graupner Kinematic. Designed for boat and car use but allegedly a modeller did manage to fly a plane with one in.

Have a look at the YouTube vid below of it in action.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... k-qyj1zo5-

Shaun.
MJF

Post by MJF »

Thanks for the video link Shaun. Fascinating device.

I did wire mine up this afternoon (only 2 PM here) using a push button instead of a radio and the Kinematic worked somewhat.
I used a 4.8V 4 cell standard flight pack for the Kinematic and a 2s Li-Fe to run the motor
It does not return to center as snappy as your example but I could get the FWD - Stop -Rev - stop motor functions
as well as left and right rudder. This has probably been sitting for many, many years before I got it
(with a new in box Futaba FT-3A radio and F327R receiver!!) I doubt if it has ever been installed in a boat or anything else.

Thanks again for the link

Mike
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Have you a copy of ythe instructions for it?
MJF

Post by MJF »

I do have the Kinematic instructions on how to connect to a Variotron 2 channel set and some that I downloaded
from https://www.vintagercfiles.com/ which is a great resource of info, schematics and instructions for old RC equipment.
Tom Mavracic who manages that site is always happy to accept any emailed schematics, instructions or general info
regarding old radio equipment that he may not currently have.

I can post but they are 1.4Mb for the two page "Aristo-Matic" PDF the other two are quite small.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

If you can email them to Phil he can include them in the archive section with the other data sheets at his www.singlechannel.co.uk website

Shaun.
MJF

Post by MJF »

Will do Shaun