The ProPo project, a DIY proportional servo

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
jmendoza

Re: The ProPo project, a DIY proportional servo

Post by jmendoza »

Awesome work Tobe. I'll have to order some from you in orange to duplicate the RS Systems 2 servo brick as used in the RTF Hobie Hawks!

Jay
RS servo brick.jpg
_AL_

Post by _AL_ »

Very nice work
waynew17

Post by waynew17 »

Tobe:
Are there any alternative solutions to the electronics when making a tandem servo other than 2 Arduinos and 2 DRV8838's?
Thanks,
Wayne
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Hi Wayne,
one Arduino is more than enough but you still need "2" h-bridges that could be 2 of the classic DRV8838 however there are "2 channels" one like the DRV8835.
I might still have a few boards with the dual amp somewhere if you are interested.
PM me and we will see how I can help you
Cheers,

Tobe
waynew17

Post by waynew17 »

Are there any circuit diagrams and sketches available for using one arduino and one DRV8835?
Thanks,
Wayne
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Hi Wayne,
I have designed several proper circuit board for the servo amp utilizing a ATMega88 a 16mhz resonator where the final version uses a DRV8835 as it's much cheaper and that is what you see in my DIY. Schematic wise it's mainly as published in the beginning of this thread but with the DRV8838. I have available boards and if you PM with a proper email adress I will share a suitable sketch and some instructions. The sketch will tell you how to connect in the comments between the DRV8835 and the ATMega if you like to experiment.
It's not my intention to share any files of any of my boards either schematics or Gerber.
Cheers,

Tobe
waynew17

Post by waynew17 »

Hi Tobe:
I finally got caught up on my 3D printing and printed some ABS ProPo Servo parts for the Boards that you sent me. Thanks again for the help with the boards and MiniCore programing. See attached proto of a few of the completed ProPo's. Fun Project!
Many thanks,
Wayne
Attachments
ProPo ABS.jpg
waynew17

Post by waynew17 »

I thought I would post a few photos of a Propo with a DRV8835 mounted on top of an Arduino Pro-Mini. Pins were reassigned in the Sketch to allow 3 of the 4 PH/EN pins to line up. Thanks again to Tobe for his guidance.
Attachments
IMG_2159.jpg
IMG_2162.jpg
IMG_2167.jpg