nRF24 Tx moves forward

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
Tobe

nRF24 Tx moves forward

Post by Tobe »

For those of you that attended Ponte 2023 and survived wind and rain this would be an old news but for everyone else this would be a premiere!
Mike_K has given a soul to one of my long desired projects: a nRF24 Tx module so basically any TX encoder could be used jointly with the nRF24 Rx that came out from Phil_g nRF24 project. It's still an ongoing project but has reached a point where it has been thoroughly tested and flown so it was time to share it with you all. The module opens many possibilities and options in the conversion of existing TX and in the development of fully DIY. At Ponte it was shown an early module installed in a fully DIY set including one of Mike's vintageTx encoders in one of my newest DIY Tx cases and sticks running one of my nRF24 Rx and a set of the newest ProPo servos.
Size is 22 x 22 mm
Size is 22 x 22 mm
The module will have a few different settings possibilities by utilizing jumpers or panel mounted switches/buttons
The module will have a few different settings possibilities by utilizing jumpers or panel mounted switches/buttons
Latest iteration compared size wise with an early prototype
Latest iteration compared size wise with an early prototype
Size compared with the Lemon RF-module, the nRF (green) is on top of the Lemon (black)
Size compared with the Lemon RF-module, the nRF (green) is on top of the Lemon (black)
The 2 modules side by side
The 2 modules side by side
IMG-20230719-WA0001.jpg (28.97 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
Cheers,

Tobe
Wayne_H

Re: nRF24 Tx moves forward

Post by Wayne_H »

Another fantastic gizmo Tobe. Very well done (yet again)👏

PM sent
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Just to add to Tobe's words, I'll publish the nRF24 module code once I've added range check, fail-safe settings and checked the watch-dog timer is setup correctly (I've test flown the module and set the fail-safe in the receiver with another nRF24 transmitter).

The range check and fail-safe settings will be controlled by a single push button, holding the push button down at power up will set the fail-safe settings to the Rx because this is what I'm used to using LemonRx modules (the fail-safe settings are set when binding the transmitter to a receiver on a Spektrum and compatibles) and range check if the switch is pressed at any other time.

The module works with both JR and Futaba polarities, pulse lengths between 0.8mS and 2.2mS and with fixed frame rate or fixed sync pulse length with any number of channels, though it will only recognise the first 8 of them. I've just heard that Phil had problems with one of the polarities when he tested a module, so I need to get further information from him to see if I can reproduce the fault or if Phil was having finger trouble (we all do at times, me included) and I won't release the code until that is resolved one way or the other.
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

What a fantastic project.
Very, very well done Tobe and Mike.
I will follow your efforts very closely with great interest.

Frank
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Mike_K wrote: 20 Jul 2023, 19:57The range check and fail-safe settings will be controlled by a single push button, holding the push button down at power up will set the fail-safe settings to the Rx
That breaks the 'set-failsafe-in-flight' facility Mike