TX Encoder Flowchart

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
Grif

TX Encoder Flowchart

Post by Grif »

Years ago I started working on a fairly detailed flow chart for a replacement encoder for a Silver Seven. Years pass,,, like they do,,,

And I may revisit this mental mousetrap.

Anyone seen or have links for a similar product? It was a very enjoyable time waster during work travel hotel breaks.
Phil_G

Re: TX Encoder Flowchart

Post by Phil_G »

I've never used a flowchart Grif, I doubt many mode-zero software contributors do... what exactly is it you need to work out?
Grif

Post by Grif »

Not so much "work out", as just having an outline of necessary things and interaction points.
Keep stuff straight in my mind.

Leftover habits from being a software maintenance programmer for old arcane production code with limited documentation.

When a change was needed it was almost start over. I got in the habit of building a living flowchart so the next revisit was a bit less painful .

Batch files interacting with fortran 4. Fun memories
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Grif,

With my own design of encoders, I have an "order of actions" list that I've included in the user manual, which may be what you are looking for if you are trying to design/program your own encoder. The order in which things have to happen is quite logical, for example, there is no point with a v-tail aircraft having a "throttle-to-elevator" mix after the v-tail mix, as the v-tail mix splits the elevator into two separate channels, all other mixers have to come before. Also, the list is for the "core actions" and doesn't include the up and down timers, displaying the battery voltage, low voltage alarm or other alarms at power on such as "trims not centred", selecting/copying/deleting model memories, ppm polarity etc.

1. Read the joystick values
2. Scale the joystick values (using calibration values) to give +/-100%
3. If "Swap Throttle Function" is enabled, swap the throttle joystick value with Aux1 or Gear Switch values (so the Aux1 control the throttle and the throttle joystick can be used for flaps)
4. If the Throttle Cut or Throttle Lock is enabled and active then shut the throttle
* The channel values at this stage are used for the ”J/S” (Joystick) option in Pmix
5. Expo and Rates AER (aileron, elevator, rudder) calculated
6. S/C Mix Single Channel (if enabled) is used for the Ail channel (the primary channel, not the rud ch) and kick-up ele and the
* If the joystick ail or ele value goes 20% from neutral, then override the S/C ail and ele output values (20% so greater than the mechanical trims)
* If the throttle joystick value is "closed", it overrides the S/C throttle output
* The channel values at this stage are used for the “RtEx” (Rates and Expo) option in Pmix
7. Add Trim memories to AERT (aileron, elevator, rudder, throttle)
* The channel values at this stage are used for the “TR+E” (Trim, Rates and Expo) option in Pmix
8. Aileron Differential (if enabled)
9. Pmix1 (if enabled/active)
10. Pmix2 (if enabled/active)
11. Pmix3 (if enabled/active)
12. Pmix4 (if enabled/active)
13. Pmix5 (if enabled/active)
14. Pmix6 (if enabled/active)
15. Pmix7 (if enabled/active)
16. Pmix8 (if enabled/active)
17. Aileron to Rudder Mix (if enabled)
18. Elevons (if enabled/active)
19. V-Tail (if enabled) *v-tail and elevons can not both be active at the same time
22. Throttle Curve
21. Throttle Cut (if enabled) – is applied again in case the throttle has been programmed as a slave in a Pmix
22. Sub-Trim memories added (All Channels)
23. End Point Adjust (0 – 120% giving +/-600uS max or 0.9 to 2.1mS output)
24. Servo Reverse
25. Channel Output Order (channel assignment)
26. Convert and limit to a value between 900uS to 2100uS with 1500uS nominal centre (can be exceeded with mix and Pmix)
27. Output PPM to the RF module