Discuss PCB options, new boards, ideas, findings...

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
Phil_G

Discuss PCB options, new boards, ideas, findings...

Post by Phil_G »

Chaps I've split this discussion from the "New 2018 DIY-more PCB" thread, the reason being that as Francesco said, there are so many PCB variations its hard to keep up with the new versions and I think it would be less confusing if each board had its own dedicated thread.
This thread for general discussion of board types, identifying which is which, pros & cons, etc
Each specific board will have its own dedicated thread, eg: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=248 here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=249 and here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=241.
Can I ask the first to see either usb board in the flesh, to document it in the linked thread, ta v much

I think the 'pro mini' and 'nano' names on ebay are just there to catch searches, there are even variations of the promini so maybe naming them using an existing name thats in common use for a completely different board would only add to the confusion! There are more than three.... we have ebay reds/blues, deek-robots, the diymore equivalent (still my fave), the one documented here (which might be my new fave!), 16U2 usb version and the 340G usb version, so six at least!
For us I see no advantage with usb so I'll be giving these last two a miss, although the prospect of a dual-processor board is intriguing Image
I'd like to keep each specific thread on topic so if anyone tries the usb ones please document it in the appropriate thread, ta Image

Cheers
Phil
Flynn

Re: Discuss PCB options, new boards, ideas, findings...

Post by Flynn »

So.... there are 3 different boards... one is a substitute pro mini, one a substitute nano and one a substitute Uno R3......so perhaps we can can differentiate them by using their names?
You only ever need two tools....WD40 and duct tape.
If it doesn't move when it should use the WD40 and if it moves and it shouldn't use the tape.