ultrasonic anemometer

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
FBMinis

ultrasonic anemometer

Post by FBMinis »

Sorry guys had to delete the pdf, I think spike is right regarding the copyright. 2003 is still a bit too recent.

The following magazine as an article on how to build an ultrasonic anemometer, maybe you'll find it useful.
Spike S

Re: ultrasonic anemometer

Post by Spike S »

Interesting article - but is the posting in conflict with the Copyright notice on page one ?

I continue to use a wet finger and the Beaufort Scale, as modified in the "Guide to Coarse Sailors" and our local slope-soaring guide :D :
Beaufort Scale.pdf
(73.04 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)
Martin

Re: ultrasonic anemometer

Post by Martin »

I lashed up something similar a while back using an Arduino and a couple of those cheap ultrasonic ping modules you can get on Ebay for about a pound each. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultrasonic-M ... SwSlBY2jYm

It worked but I never really developed it into a properly finished project. With a magnetometer module to automatically detect which direction it's facing, an outdoor readable display, a battery and some sort of folding stand I suppose it could be a useful thing to take to the flying field. Then again a simple windsock on a pole would probably be just as useful and a lot simpler...

I suppose if it could be safely situated at the field with a solar panel to keep it powered 24/7 and a LORA gateway or similar then it would allow members to check conditions at the field using the web...