Tobe's Lockdown Project

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
Tobe

Re: Tobe's Lockdown Project

Post by Tobe »

Voila! The end-result of this lock down as I'm back from the flying field with a good afternoon/evening

Cheers

Tobe

GG 3+1 & 1+1.jpg
20200721_194145.jpg
Last edited by Tobe on 21 Jul 2020, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,

Tobe
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Cracking job pal
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

...I had to dug out from the darkest corner to make the cases my sheet metal tool and then remember how to do cut & bend properly. In the same corner was my vinyl cutting plotter too.
Cheers,

Tobe
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Congratulations - a super job👏👏
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

They look stunning, so good they look commercial and not home-made. There can't be too many people who have made their own joysticks and 2.4GHz module for a DIY transmitter, something to be proud of.

Mike
Martin

Post by Martin »

Very nice. Good choice of colours for the case, stick unit, and graphics - looks great.
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Mike_K wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 10:11 They look stunning, so good they look commercial and not home-made. There can't be too many people who have made their own joysticks and 2.4GHz module for a DIY transmitter, something to be proud of.

Mike
and the receiver(s) and the G/G actuators! A genuine DIY retro radio set :ugeek:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Getting close to end station with a full house Tx, here are some previews. Need to decide if i want the trims for throttle/elevator to be on the outside or outside.
I cut and bent the case this afternoon...
20200723_154422.jpg
20200723_154449.jpg
20200723_154750.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Here comes part of the final results concerning my new full house transmitter after Phil lockdown project, the NRF24-FHSS, the "MaxiPelle" is inspired with its colors, gold and red to the old MiniMax and not least early Kraft.
Still have to install the electronics but you can see/imaging how it's going to look.
The case is cut & bent from 1 mm aluminum sheet, primed and painted. The logo is cut out vinyl.
The 2 sticks are from my Lockdown project where one is mirror of the other except that the left one has a friction brake instead of the centering spring in the throttle position. The friction brake is spring loaded in such way that it can be set by changing the spring load.
All plastic details are designed and 3D printed in house and it's a 20 hours run in the printer.
The trims are electrical with 5k sliding pots in parallel with a 10k resistor en serie.
The electronics, encoder/NRF24 are from Phil's lockdown project and are running in the test rig at the moment but will soon be installed.
We are expecting quite a lot of rain in the next week to come so I expect it will take some time before flight test.

Cheers Everyone

Tobe
MP4.jpg
MP3.jpg
MP2.jpg
MP1.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

:o I'm lost for words......... "absolutely amazing" will have to do. Well done! :P

Paul