Tobe's Lockdown Project

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
Tobe

Re: Tobe's Lockdown Project

Post by Tobe »

Here we go....a single channel stick with mechanical trim as an appetizer for the full stick that will come later.
Here an inside view
Assembly Stick Mono A.JPG
Printed in:
0.14 mm layer
75% infill
ABS
Support & Raft
How it looks on the printer
Skärmklipp 3D.JPG
I have include in one folder the .stl files and in the second an assembly with all parts, parasolid and step, if you like to make changes.
I'm using regular size pots. All dowel pins are 1,5 mm and 6 mm long except the centering pin, if used which is 12mm and the pin in the spring retainer which should be 8-10 mm. I have the habit to size all the holes with a 1,5 mm drill bit and add a drop of CA in the holes where the pins are fix and if I need a smooth movement I size the holes with a 1,6 mm i.e. the hole in the spring retainer and the hole for the centering shaft in the frame so they can swivel nice and free.
Frame hole.JPG
Frame holeB.JPG
This is an advanced DIY project where you need to tinker some and also accept try and error. The included files have been adjusted to work in my machine but might need some adjustment as most machine are different, the easiest way is to use the scale factor if you are not familiar with some CAD program and able to open the included files which are generic.
For you info I'm running here a commercial machine type Zortrax M200 with their suggested filament.
For adjustment of center you might have to remove some material with a small file in the front bottom av the spring retainer, please see sketch.
Most screws are 2,4 mm self tapping screws except M3 screw to hold the trim wheel in location. The hole for the "Stick" is sized for an M3 screw also.
...and if it ain't on YouTube it doesn't exist and yes, I know that my hands look terrible full of cuts and bruises

unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (7).jpg
unnamed (10).jpg
unnamed (11).jpg
unnamed (14).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg
Attachments
Assembly Step & X_T files.zip
(230.82 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
.stl files Mono Stick.zip
(194.99 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Last edited by Tobe on 25 Apr 2020, 18:44, edited 3 times in total.
Cheers,

Tobe
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Really great effort Tobe and huge thanks for sharing👏👍

My Project Bucket List has just grown considerably as replica Tx's using your stick designs spring to mind.

Ah, so much to do & so little time.... :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
WernerL

Post by WernerL »

Really impressive work, Tobe!

I am surprised to see how well it works. It should be easy to make "hall gimbals" out of the design, all we need is a shaft turning a disc-magnet and a mounting space for a hall sensor on a small PCB. Hmm...

thanks for the inspiration, Werner
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Work in progress.... :o
Cheers,

Tobe
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

....and here are some results of the work in progress and yes it's up and running. There will be no plastic case a la Gem as I like metal cases, one more reason is actually the difficulties to get a straight not warped case of that size not least as I print only ABS and the time the machine would be busy when it could do more interesting projects.
Here comes ...

I will be happy to share the files for printing and some instructions but I will do it on a case by case as it's a work in progress.
What is missing but on its way are 2 sliding pots where one will be the trim for elevator and the second one an auxiliary channel.
Printed Parts Stick.jpg
Stick A.jpg
Stick B.jpg
Stick D.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Here are the files for the 2-axis stick with one mechanical trim and 2 sliding pots as suggested in earlier post by Mike_K however the nobs are missing for them but will be given as soon I will receive my sliding pots from Mauser:
Assembly in "Parasolid" & Step and .stl files for the printer. Printing instructions as for the 1-axis stick.
As mentioned before this is a project that might require some tinkering and some try & error which could lead to a stick in Kawasaki "Green"
20200501_160611.jpg
unnamed (4) (1).jpg
Attachments
2-axis Stick 1+2 Files.zip
(628.47 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Cheers,

Tobe
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Evolution of the Tobe stick...downsizing!
Big & not so big.jpg
Back side.jpg
At last after some research I was able to find a more suitable pot than the old replacement for Kraft Tx
All this has allowed me to downsize my stick to comparable commercials despite I'm 3D-printing and they mold and now it's time to finalize a Tx as I have everything here available....
If you are interested I'm happy to share the files and,if needed, mail also required pots.
Different sizes.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

I'm going to call this project completed as the new sticks are in the size if not smaller then most commercial and works as fine.
Two of them, the one you are seeing here are just awaiting their cases. As mentioned earlier if somebody likes to give it a try I'm happy to supply the proper files and if necessary help with the pots which could be hard to find.
GG-Tobe D.jpg
GG-Tobe B.jpg
You will notice that I have done my own voltage regulators with the AMS1117
GG-Tobe A.jpg
...here to follow you will see the completed sets of which both are intended for GG thanks to some help from Phil
GG-Tobe.jpg
GG-Tobe C.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

I can appreciate the amount of time and effort gone in to your project.

Just like to say well done.
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Very professional Tobe they look superb.
The trim sliders, I take it you have rudder trim, elevator trim and throttle on the 3rd slider?
That is so neat!
Tobe wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 21:01... but keeping in mind that when you reached 95% completion you still have 50% left :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Phil
(PS you know Franks mini-regulators are 25p each? :D :D :D )