A full NRF24L01 FHSS Single Channel outfit :-)

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
Phil_G

Re: A full NRF24L01 FHSS Single Channel outfit :-)

Post by Phil_G »

Thanks lads
It means there is some packet loss, but that's ok, if it's a 'stable' 7hz that doesn't seem to vary much it could be busy channels at your location that aren't getting through, You could check by doing a pair of RF Nanos with a different 16 channels to your usual ones. It could be something resonant at a particular frequency that's 'absorbing' a channel. Also, is the measurement method accurate? Essentially servos need 50 updates per second and your set is receiving 140 so plenty of redundancy left! :)
Cheers
Phil
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Possible to post a link to the nrf units purchase origin?

With so many clone units that simply do not have any range (still see many reports on this), it would be, I think , a good addition.

I did see a reference to "keywish"...so do they deal from one of the online suppliers?
John Ryan

Post by John Ryan »

Phil you were spot on with your thinking as to why I was only getting a 7Hz packet rate. After playing with a couple of Nano RFs I managed to get a steady 10Hz after changing the channel numbers. All loaded up in both the S/C and propo sets and rock steady,
Many thanks!

There is a Ali Express link to a Keywish NRF in Phil's lockdown project some where. I used it and ended up with some EBYTE shielded ones. They work very well.

John
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

John Ryan wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 03:27 There is a Ali Express link to a Keywish NRF in Phil's lockdown project some where.
Looked and found reference but link is dead.

So back to original request I guess.

Edit: Tried searching for Keywish store with Aliexpress as a reference, all suggested ways to find the store came up a big fat zero.
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

John Ryan wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 03:27 Phil you were spot on with your thinking as to why I was only getting a 7Hz packet rate. After playing with a couple of Nano RFs I managed to get a steady 10Hz after changing the channel numbers. All loaded up in both the S/C and propo sets and rock steady,
Hi John, just to clarify, the transmitted packet rate is 200 per second, the rx LED flashes every 20 packets received - so your packet rate at a 7hz flash was 140 per sec (plenty!) :D
bluejets wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 23:04Looked and found reference but link is dead
Its best to search on Ali Jeff as the links never last very long, its like Amazon, a marketplace for various sellers that come & go :D
Here is a 'current' Keywish RF-Nano but it will probably be gone in a couple of weeks:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002105253367.html
these look ok too, doesnt say Keywish so may have CSN & CE on different pins:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004921028246.html
The 'canned' transmit modules are like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000132850562.html
...then you just need some sort of 328P processor board, a Promini, Nano, DIY-More etc
For short range you can make a tx using another RF-Nano but you cant really fly with it (I tried, ask Shaun!)
I do actually have a few spare canned tx modules but we cant send international post yet following the ransomware attack on the Royal Mail :(
Cheers
Phil
PS Order an extra RF-Nano, it makes Martin's band-scanner so easy to build!
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1008
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Thanks for the info....much appreciated.

I had been searching for "keywish" but can see now it may have been futile given the suppliers you mention here.

Cheers Jeff